• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Looking at our August schedule....

...I think this team can do some damage if we just get in. We'll have scraped and clawed to get in, and we'll be more dangerous than we were last year. Discuss.

I don't know about that, depends on who is hot and who is not when that time comes.  I'm glad we're not starting the playoffs right now.

...I think this team can do some damage if we just get in. We'll have scraped and clawed to get in, and we'll be more dangerous than we were last year. Discuss.

All too often, teams who have to claw and scratch to get in expend most of their energy just getting there, and there is nothing left once the playoffs begin.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

We'll be lucky to go .500 this month. Which will put us behind somebody (Minnesota? Toronto?) fighting to get in. When the playoffs start, every game will be no different than what they have gone through for two months. Instead of hosting a wild card team having won 98 games. Scioscia's first playoff team there was no pressure on us. We played like it. Almost every time since we've played tight. Offense can't do anything.  

Their run in July vs bad teams sort of gave us false hope. This team has been a .500 team for the majority of the season and that's likely what their talent level is. Looking at the roster it's not hard to see why....Starting pitching is quality, though I think it lacks a true Ace. Backend of the bullpen is fine but middle relief is an issue, and last but not least, the offense. It's Trout, Calhoun, Albert Trumbo and then a whole bunch of replacement crap everywhere else, or in LF's case, you aren't even getting replacement production...that's how bad that spot's been.

Lot of areas that need improvement on this club. New GM will have some work to do with this offense in the offseason. 2B, C(Iannetta is a FA and is he worth re-signing?), DH, LF are all huge holes heading into the 2016 season. 3B has Cowart/Kubitza and maybe Freese if they re-sign him. Not exactly anything to get excited about but could be manageable there.

Edited by bloodbrother

We're not going to win 95 games. We will struggle mightily to win 90 games. We will get in as one of the two WCs (hopefully) and there will be no pressure on us. I mean, other than the obvious pressure of winning the WC game, but the other team feels the same pressure.

Not saying it all means World Series bound, but damn just once I'd like to see us play loosey goosey in the postseason. Seems like the leadoff hitter always craps the bed and that puts pressure on the rest of our lineup.

Their run in July vs bad teams sort of gave us false hope. This team has been a .500 team for the majority of the season and that's likely what their talent level is. Looking at the roster it's not hard to see why....Starting pitching is quality, though I think it lacks a true Ace. Backend of the bullpen is fine but middle relief is an issue, and last but not least, the offense. It's Trout, Calhoun, Albert Trumbo and then a whole bunch of replacement crap everywhere else, or in LF's case, you aren't even getting replacement production...that's how bad that spot's been.

Lot of areas that need improvement on this club. New GM will have some work to do with this offense in the offseason. 2B, C(Iannetta is a FA and is he worth re-signing?), DH, LF are all huge holes heading into the 2016 season. 3B has Cowart/Kubitza and maybe Freese if they re-sign him. Not exactly anything to get excited about but could be manageable there.

The DH will be the least of our problems because all we are going to do is rest players.

We're not going to win 95 games. We will struggle mightily to win 90 games. We will get in as one of the two WCs (hopefully) and there will be no pressure on us. I mean, other than the obvious pressure of winning the WC game, but the other team feels the same pressure.

Not saying it all means World Series bound, but damn just once I'd like to see us play loosey goosey in the postseason. Seems like the leadoff hitter always craps the bed and that puts pressure on the rest of our lineup.

Angels need to go 31-24 the rest of the way for 88 wins

Yea idk what you're talking about this August schedule doesn't look all that great... Orioles are playing well and so have the soxs as of late.

And I could easily see us getting swept by the Royals and the Blue Jays.

Just imagine Weaver pitching against the Jays they'd score 78 runs off of him by the 3rd inning.

What I was saying is that the August schedule looks tough. No way we cruise through it the way we did the early July schedule. So we'll enter September with a lot of work to do just to make the playoffs. I like that for a change. We seem to do our best in the postseason when no one expects us to.