• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

Well, I think that your spot on saying there's a big difference between the Perry and Getzlaf lines and the Kesler line. Kesler is a dynamic player so he can fill a scoring role. That said, what the Ducks have asked him for is to play the part of centering a shut down checking line. He has done this extrodinarily well. When they score, which they do at a decent clip for a primarily defensive oriented group of forwards, it's a plus in my view. Silfverberg and Cogliano sort of are what they are.

If we wanna go into negatives from last night, I would say to Nates point that a lot of the puck movement was not sharp. I thought Ritchie got exposed pretty good yesterday. The goal they gave up was essentially because he lost his man on the point. We also had trouble getting into the slot. If you look up the shot chart, you will see that the Caps were able to get their shots off in the slot more often then we did. Essentially, they did a little better job holding our forwards on the perimeters. I don't think it was a massive descrepancy tho and we were able to get more open looks at the net from still fairly dangerous areas outside the slot.

In the end, a well played game between two good teams. It wasn't gonna be a stomping one way or the other.

And agreed Cory. Silfverberg and Cogliano don't do much to help Kesler out in the scoring department. Cogliano we kind of know what he is but Silfverberg has proven to be a massive disappointment. Cogliano is a great penalty killer and good forechecker. I like the player a lot. Obviously great speed. Doesn't have great hands and is under sized. Silvferberg is very skilled, but it just doesn't translate into scoring for whatever reason. Just doesn't have the nose for it I guess. He does a back check well and has become a roll player. It is what it is. The positive is that we can roll that line out against basically any other line and shut them down. Ovechkin was contained last night. Kopitar got completely shut down. It's a huge asset. Especially come play off time. The Ducks best advantage IMO is that they are a matchup nightmare. That Kesler line is a huge element in that.

That's a buddy of mine's video. Only reason he went to the game was cus I told him to go. He was afraid he'd get into a fight or be near one. I told him to nut up and go. I've been countless times and sure there's a lot of chirping but that's it. Lol then there's a fight right in his row. Good times.

I've seen Kings fans throw shit at children during games (seen worse at dodger games). I know all teams have moron fans, the last game at the Honda Center I saw a Ducks fan kind of go over the line (IMO) with his shit talking at some Kings fans after the game. But like I said before, in so cal at least, the concentration of idiots that show up in Kings or Dodgers gear seems incredible. Just seems like so many of them show up just looking for a fight. I mean what reasonable person talks to someone else like that (a total stranger no less) and doesn't expect a confrontation ? The guy seemed lucid. Just a ****ing douchebag.

It's funny Cory. The Kings fan was actually talking shit to a friend of mine... Who's a Kings fan. Can we conclude that kings fans are cannibals now?

Haha really? Damn. Small world! I remember last season 2 Kings fans fought each other at Honda Center. Quite the sight.

I personally have never seen a fight at the staples center. People suck

Yeah. Just like I said in my previous post. I've never seen a fight at Staples. Just your normal chirping. Granted, sometimes I've been chirped at enough to want to punch someone but never do. Usually its all fun and games and after the game everyone goes on their way.