• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

it's like reading LAAI for opinions on Angels prospects, you aren't getting anything objective.

Want objective? Lindholm is one of the top possession defenseman in the league, top rated for QoC (quality of competition), and is only 22. All of this after the start of the season with the pylon that was Bieksa, who has admittedly looked better recently. Your Lindholm hate is nearly as subjective as anything on puck of a feather.

Edit: holy shit, I just skimmed the article. He uses multiple stats that support his point. He also only uses 5v5 stats.

Nate, come on. Your analysis has consisted of: "he looks bad" or "he's a turnover machine," which is pure conjecture. 

Edited by Gavin

I've advocated moving Andersen but there is definitely a good bit of risk associated with it. I like Gibson a lot, I do. But he's very young, and his game is not perfect. For example, I think that he's not great at playing angles. That's certainly something that he can work on and become good at, but you never know. At this point in general, Gibson is not a guarantee as good as he does look. Obviously this is also all true for Andersen. So there is something to the idea of hedging our bets trying to keep both. Also, like halobob mentioned, if we're in it this season we may not want Dobi as our insurance. It's important that if we trade one of them, we get good value and address needs. I still think that ultimately the best move is to hook the wagon up to Gibson and use Andersen as a means to get more good talent on the roster. I think it's doable, just maybe not until this summer. Like I mentioned yesterday, the Martin Jones trade is a good example of what a guy like Andersen(andersens worth more IMO) could pull for us. Right now, the likeliest way we get the forward talent we need is via moving a defensemen.

One last thing, don't forget that even with that Pronger/Niedermeyer badass defense we had in 07. We won the cup with both Giguere and Bryzgalov. Need 2 capable guys. Put me down as unsold on Khudobin.

Edited by UndertheHalo

The Bryzgalov debacle was just awful by Burke. It's one thing to help out a player by facilitating a trade. Giving him away, to a division "rival" (I used quotes because the Coyotes were, well the Coyotes) was some of the worst asset management this team has ever seen. Some people forget how good Bryz was in those first four years with the yotes.

The Bryzgalov debacle was just awful by Burke. It's one thing to help out a player by facilitating a trade. Giving him away, to a division "rival" (I used quotes because the Coyotes were, well the Coyotes) was some of the worst asset management this team has ever seen. Some people forget how good Bryz was in those first four years with the yotes.

Absolutely agreed. It was horrific management on Burkes part. It wasn't a secret that Bryzgalov was good. The whole thing was, staggering incompetence on Burkes part. Then he tried to pass off his failure as some kind of hockey honor bullshit.

it's like reading LAAI for opinions on Angels prospects, you aren't getting anything objective.

yeah, agreed.

i just gloss over the numbers.

its clearly ducks-homer-ish but didn't seem too out there compared to other stuff I've come across.

the fact remains we are stocked with young d.

hell remember even a few years ago what we were putting out there as D pairings?

yeah, agreed.

i just gloss over the numbers.

its clearly ducks-homer-ish but didn't seem too out there compared to other stuff I've come across.

the fact remains we are stocked with young d.

hell remember even a few years ago what we were putting out there as D pairings?

Totally loaded up on the blue line. It's nice.

The pucks of a feather article. I just briefly read through it but what stuck out to me was the notion that Folwer somehow weakens the play of the forwards. I need to go back and look through it in more detail but I find that idea highly suspect. The pucksofafeather guy has an impressive way of bending things positively in favor of the players he specifically likes. The dude practically sacrifices a goat in thanks every time Andersen gets a start. He's literally the only commentator I know of that will still argue that Andersen should be starting as many or more games then Gibson.

Getting a new top 6 forward won't change things over night but keeping intact the 2way shutdown defenders like Fowler & Lindholm is important to keep the Ducks strength at preventing scoring.

They can replace Vatanen's production with Theodore & next year Montour is ready for a call up.

The reason they'll keep Lindholm is because its very hard to find a guy like him that can shutdown teams very well like him & still have the offensive potential.

I'm actually kind of happy the way the O is playing lately.  It's what we were hoping they would do at the beginning of the season. 

And because of that, I would trade Freddie and Vats for young guys/picks, some of which might not help us this year.  While we are very heavy in D right now.  We are also very heavy at the AHL level.  Down further, we aren't as stacked.  And considering the Ducks are a budget team, for the long term success of the team, continuing the pipeline to the minors is pretty critical.  If we could get a possible lottery teams first rounder + another pick, I'd be happy with that haul for either.

I'm actually kind of happy the way the O is playing lately.  It's what we were hoping they would do at the beginning of the season. 

And because of that, I would trade Freddie and Vats for young guys/picks, some of which might not help us this year.  While we are very heavy in D right now.  We are also very heavy at the AHL level.  Down further, we aren't as stacked.  And considering the Ducks are a budget team, for the long term success of the team, continuing the pipeline to the minors is pretty critical.  If we could get a possible lottery teams first rounder + another pick, I'd be happy with that haul for either.

True & given his past success as a Top6 forward Perron might be the Top6 guy they were looking for anyways that won't cost alot to keep around.

21 goals in 57 games in the 2011-12 season, 28 goals in the 2013-14 season in 78 games with the Oilers.

they just need to get stewart off the top 9.

get someone else to play with perron and getz and i'm fine with the lines as is.

perron - getz - tarasenko (lol)

marroon - rakell - perry

cogliano - kesler - silf

thompson's grinder trio

also i dunno about cogliano on that 3rd line but whatever, would like him moved down, but he's not the problem