• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Best Seats at The Big A Series: Upper View (Part I)

Image%20005_zpsolmaurih.jpg

By Ellen Bell, AngelsWin.com Staff Writer - 

Sports fans care a lot about where they sit at a ballgame.

It's a big deal. Huge.

A ticket not only gets you past the gates, it takes you to your home for the game, your view of the action, your personal fan experience.

Just like Angels fans, all Big A seating options are not the same and each part of the stadium has its own individual quirks and perks.

Angels fans have strong opinions about their team on the field, but they also have a lot to say about the best place to sit in the stands.

During this season, I'll take you on a tour. I'll sit all over the Big A in search of the perfect fan experience.....in my opinion, of course.

I'd love to hear yours....

Let's kick off the first in this series with:

The Best Seats at The Big A: Upper View (Part I).

Upper View: Sec 501, Row Q, Seat 1

I decided to start this tour of Angel Stadium Seating by getting away from it all. Really, really far away.

Some may call these the cheap seats. The Nosebleeds. The Bob Uecker Specials. It's true that Upper View Seats may not seem like the best seats in the house, but I beg to differ.

Sitting in the upper atmosphere has its advantages.

Image%20002_zpsvqhauqz4.jpg

1. Exercise

Forget the stairmaster for the day...After climbing these babies you're golden. Not to mention the ramps you need to ascend to even get to the View Level.

2. Privacy

You really do feel like you're in our own private Tree House up here..It definitely gives you a unique perspective of the game. You just might want to bring binoculars. Happily, there's no one behind you to spill their beer.

3. Above it All

You can see the entire field, almost like the blimp pilot... and the view of the evening sky is awesome. Plus, if you're feeling insecure, you can look down on everyone in the stadium.

Of course, these seats come with a few challenges as well.

Image%20003_zpsnirtfper.jpg

1. Vendors are Scarce

At least one, kind vendor bravely offered to sell me a churro. I felt so bad for him that I met him halfway.

2. No Chance for a Home Run

With the excellent view of the foul pole, you'll be the first to know if it's a home run. Unfortunately, you're too high to catch it. And forget about the T-shirt gun from the Strike Force.

3. These seats are VERY far from the action......duh. 

Obviously you miss a lot of the finesse plays and you certainly won't be able to argue balls or strikes.

At $15 per ticket, Upper View seats are a cost-effective choice. And truly, how can anyone complain about these seats anyway....YOU'RE AT A BASEBALL GAME!!

Image%20004_zpszjmjrgcx.png

400s are pretty good too, but you will suffer if it's a day game due to the heat. 

club level is probably the best view, though. (300s)

holy crap. those steps are steep! did you have to rappel down?

i got dizzy just looking at the pics

I was a vendor at the stadium when I was 17 back in 2004. No way in hell would I work upper view. Simply bc I didn't wanna hit shit walking up and down those stairs. I stayed on field level enjoying the game for the most part lol

Upper view behind home plate, even the last row, isn't a bad seat.

I'd rather sit in my car in the parking lot and listen to Terry Smith on the radio than sit up behind the foul pole.

My seat for game 6 & 7 of the 2002 WS was up there in the last row. Not terrible. I ended up spending most of the games standing behind the Terrace level with a beer or 3 or 5. No way I could sit for those games anyway. Edited by ELEVEN

I went to Miller Park for Brewers game and although we had field level seats on third base we decided to explore the park. Their equivalent seats are plain scary. Not just the altitude but the rake on the stairs and seating position made you feel like you were about to fall off a skyscraper.

About 8 years ago, my daughter and I went to sit up there - just to experience the view.

So it was a tad more populated than this game mentioned in this article...but as we sat - 5 minutes after 1st pitch...2 "rookies" came up to us and said we were in their seats.

It was like Whaaat?

We were actually booted from the upper corner seats in 501.

6V5Q3UD.gif

Club level is the best, though not cheap. I've been gifted seats in both the Diamond Club and the club level by corporate season ticket holders before. Club level seats near home plate are much better and significantly lower price than the diamond club seats. In seat service is kind of nice to have as well to get beverages mid game without waiting in lines. 

Edited by ScottLux

Oh for the days when the upper deck was all General admission. Get there when the gates opened up Sunday mornings and race up to the front row behind home plate.

The Best seat in the house for the money.

I remember reading an article way back in the late 70's when a reporter interviewed the general admission fans in the upper deck. What caught my eye was they interviewed a girl I knew from grade on through high school, her nickname was Cathy Coconuts because people thought she was weird. Turns out she was just a little bit tomboy and very outgoing in a neighborhood where the girls were still following the rules set forth by grandmothers. She and her friends spent a whole summer in those upper deck seats at $2 a piece. Can't afford to do that anymore.

Only been in Diamond Club once, but I thought they serve you there as well.

They do have in seat service, and the have a much more comprehensive menu down there. They also have full service seating though you have to get reservations in advance to get that.  However the actual whole view of the field in the seats was not as good as in club, and the face value price in diamond club was 2.5 times greater.

Agreed. I recently sat in the Karcher family's seats in section 330. Unbelievable spot to see the game, however I found the fans in that section to be a bit snobby. Sat right next to an obnoxious mid 20's Red Sox fan who spent the whole game hating on the Angels and talking about his money. 

There are some Angels season ticket holders in that vicinity that very loudly demanded that Scioscia and others be fired, as well as whole litany of other complaints. Reminded me of the forums.

Edited by ScottLux