• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh Rutledge time

NrM

I know this argument is like pushing sh*t up hill, but isn't Grant Green a better version of Josh Rutledge. He's not any worse defensively at SS - it would be hard to be given Rutledge has cost his team 20 runs in just 127 starts there - and is a much better hitter.

I know they're not going to play Green there, but if the alternative is Rutledge they should.

I know this argument is like pushing sh*t up hill, but isn't Grant Green a better version of Josh Rutledge. He's not any worse defensively at SS - it would be hard to be given Rutledge has cost his team 20 runs in just 127 starts there - and is a much better hitter.

I know they're not going to play Green there, but if the alternative is Rutledge they should.

to be honest, i can't remember the last time i saw Green play SS

wow.  Green has played 1 game at SS in his major league career

since 2013, he has played SS in the minors in 21 games (3 errors)

He got 13 innings there in ST (one error) so it's hard to read much into that. All I can really say is there's been a bit of stuff out there about Green saying he feels most comfortable at SS, so there's that. There's also the whole 'Rutledge really really sucks' thing. Hell, if we were willing to try Trumbo at third trying Green at short sounds pretty reasonable.

Remind me again why we traded Jairo Diaz for this guy?

He had some pretty good offensive #'s in the minors and was at least so-so offensively in Colorado (and a little better than so-so at times, particularly 2012)....Appears Jerry may have missed on that one though....

Edited by DMVol

He had some pretty good offensive #'s in the minors and was at least so-so offensively in Colorado (and a little better than so-so at times, particularly 2012)....Appears Jerry may have missed on that one though....

The correct answer would have been he was on the Rockies. No additional info was needed.

Rockies or the DBacks...

The correct answer would have been he was on the Rockies. No additional info was needed.

Remind me again why we traded Jairo Diaz for this guy?

don't believe the hype.  

he's 24 and struggling with control again at AAA.  He's had half a good season in his whole minor league career.  He's got to be close to being a minor league FA anyway.  

neither player is likely to make a significant impact at the major league level any time soon.