• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Josh Hamilton cheered in return to Texas, doubles in first at-bat

I am totally convinced that Jackass Hamilton tanked on purpose with the Angels. He couldn't hit a ball if it was teed up for him while he was here. Now in one week in Texas, he is hitting HR's and game winning doubles. I just don't think any player can go from looking so bad, to doing so good unless he tanked on purpose.

You know, when I think about, I think Hamilton tanked on purpose, too.  He's been a Ranger this whole time.  I'm not sure he didn't work out a deal to split some of his Angel money with Andrus and some of the other guys before Moreno hired him.  I think I heard a rumor like that in a bar in Dallas or someplace.  Y'all might be on to something with that.  The only reason he had that good stretch last year is the Rangers were out of it, anyway, because of all the pitching injuries.   Now that he's back, well... looks like history is being made.  

I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but I believe that it is completely possible that Hamilton got here, found the expectations overwhelming and just shut down. In the end I believe that he played the no trade clause to force a deal with the Rangers, but there were other things going on.

As far as him sharing money with former teammates, that sounds like tavern talk fueled by a few too many beers.

I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but I believe that it is completely possible that Hamilton got here, found the expectations overwhelming and just shut down. In the end I believe that he played the no trade clause to force a deal with the Rangers, but there were other things going on.

As far as him sharing money with former teammates, that sounds like tavern talk fueled by a few too many beers.

Expectations overwhelming? Shut down? ... good one.

Of course he played his no trade clause to perfection ... it's business.