• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Miller: Angels don't deserve scorn for wanting to hold players accountable, including Hamilton

The Angels just posted this article on Facebook.  Funny.  They don't normally post such articles.

I agree with the sentiment.  I also like what Victor Rojas said about it during the broadcast last night.    So many wacky "takes" on the matter.

what was with Plaschke's rant in today's LA Times?? I like the OC Register approach a lot better -- but then that's true with most of their takes on issues of the day.

the whole set up that led to this is bizarre -- you have a committee/ panel set up with an even (FOUR) number on it so a dead-lock is not only possible but almost assured given the make up of the various reps on the panel -- then you have a 'neutral' arbitrator, who I am sure is concerned about getting black-listed by the MLBPA -- so the arbitrator breaks the tie finding that because the player self-reported his use of either alcohol and/or cocaine (most likely both) that the use of these substances is NOT a violation of his strict rehab regimen that has been in place since his prior ISSUES.

Amazing.

So now the commissioner is apparently rendered powerless to do anything and the Halos are on the hook to pay a guy who probably can't play until as least June and probably won't be able to get an AB (at least not like the ones vs. KC in last year's playoffs) all season (Hamilton NOT playing may be the only positive aspect of this for the Halos).

I think the Halos get some limited salary relief for the period of time that Hamilton is actually in a rehab program (which, again, shows the system in place is counter-intuitive -- you give the player an incentive to have as short of an actual rehab program as possible when the chances for real recovery in these situations increase the longer the length of the rehab program).

anyway you cut it, not a good result for the Halos -- but then as one poster put it so well in a prior thread on this topic -- Halos knew or should have known this was the risk they took when they signed Hamilton to that contract -- I don't think there was even ONE regular poster on this board who had anything good to say about that contract from the minute it was announced.

Halos/ Arte, etc. really should have know better.............oh well.