• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CRAZY Lineup

OK, I did miss the Daron Sutton announcement -- by about TWO YEARS --

went on an internet search and it brought up the articles about his 'mysterious' dismissal from the Arizona D-Backs broadcasting team about two years ago.

some sort of dispute over 'dress code' or something silly like that.......D-backs insisted on red polo shirts and Sutton apparently wanted to layer up (particularly for road games to cold weather places like Chicago) and wear a traditional suit and tie, probably with an over-coat to stay warm........

can't believe a broadcaster would be jettisoned over something as minor and silly as this so there had to be other issues.

he moved on from Milwaukee to Arizona about four/five years ago -- I remember commenting on that at the time.........

so the answer is -- Daron Sutton isn't any team's announcer and is truly a free agent -- I liked him with Mario Impemba with us back in the day......Sutton lives in the Phoenix area so he's available to fill in (like today)......but would really like to see him re-join the Halos team.......

they could use Victor Rojas, Daron Sutton and Terry Smith on rotating basis for pbp on either radio or TV.  Would be improvement over what we have now.

Jose Mota could still do pre and post game stuff and also Spanish language broadcast which is very important.

Guby?  Can't do pbp and isn't as good as Sutton would be on either pbp or color analyst.

Honestly, was pretty underwhelmed with his stuff during his call-up....didn't see anything today that stood out either. FB has good velocity but it's straight as an arrow and he keeps it high in the zone....slider doesn't look great.  Jairo Diaz(who they traded for Rutledge) impressed me more last season with his stuff

Edited by bloodbrother

Honestly, was pretty underwhelmed with his stuff during his call-up....didn't see anything today that stood out either. FB has good velocity but it's straight as an arrow and he keeps it high in the zone....slider doesn't look great.  Jairo Diaz(who they traded for Rutledge) impressed me more last season with his stuff

8 years from now after his best season, we will trade him for a left handed outfielder.