• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jerry Dipoto Radio Interview: “Why fix something that’s not broken?�

DB24

Since most big contracts have not worked out for the Angels, I can see why Dipoto won't be going after any of them. It would be nice to be able to get Justin Upton if he is indeed available.  An OF of Trout, Upton and Calhoun would be the best in baseball.  Hamilton could DH/refill the Gatorade and bubble gum.

People are still so skeptical about Shoemaker.  His numbers dont suggest anything flukey.  From what I hear hes still dominating over in Japan.  He was dominant coming back from injury against the team that steamrolled their way to the World Series.  I get that teams can further improve their scouting reports, but theres no reason not to expect he will be an ace again next season.  He was arguably the best pitcher in the AL in the entire second half last year.  

The rotation will be one of the best in baseball imo.  I think Weaver improves next season and Richards doesnt pitch that well out of the gate, but has a dominant second half.  If CJ can fix himself somewhat, thats a great rotation and a rotation that is built for the playoffs.  

I hate the if its not broke dont fix it mentality.  Just because we led the league in runs, doesnt mean we had the best offense.  And if we did have the best offense in baseball, 9 guys wouldnt collectively slump at the same time during the playoffs, when they are all well rested.  There really isnt much out there, but a guy like Michael Morse would be great in our lineup.  Hes 32, if we could get him on a Nelson Cruz type deal that he got from the O's, that would be ideal.  I think we could use one more impact bat.  Or at the very least, get a guy like Aroldis Chapman for the pen, and really just try to take the Kansas City approach I guess.