• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Lackey Remembers Scioscia Pulling Him In 2009 ALCS

John Lackey is on MLB Network's Intentional Talk right now, and they asked him if he ever got pissed about being pulled from a game.  He said he wasn't happy with being pulled in the 2009 ALCS against the Yankees because 3 guys scored after.

"I wasn't real happy about that, but things happen.  Me and Scioscia had a little meeting in the office after that, we always got along great, we shook hands, and it was all cool afterwards."

Lackey should console himself with the memories of the several games where Scioscia removed him far too late, like this one in 2009:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/ANA/ANA200907070.shtml

I was at that game with my brother. Check out the top of the 5th. Scioscia showed Lackey tons of respect by leaving him in long enough to blow the game wide open for the Rangers.

IIRC, wasn't it Game 2 of the ALDS at home against the BoSux??

It was Game 5 of the ALCS.  If I remember correctly, Lackey ended up giving up two walks and walking the bases loaded in that inning.  Lackey was able to get 2 outs without any runs scoring but Scioscia decided to go with Darren Oliver who gave up a bases clearing double.  The Yankees went on to score 3 more runs for 6 total in that inning.

It was the game the Angels won because of our hero Jeff Mathis.

Lackey keeps winning while Mike gets no where

I don't think anyone has questioned Lackey's ability.  He can be a real dick on the mound, because of his competitive nature.

I think "nowhere" is an understatement for Scioscia's record.  But on this board, Scioscia could cure cancer and the response would be, "What took him so long?"

That *sshole Lackey is having quite a great postseason baseball career, while we still make horse jokes and or team overpays for stiffs like Pujols and Hamilton.

My own version of sports hell is listening to baseball announcers, whether its Guicza or national, recite career Pujols stats.

Edited by yk9001

I don't think anyone has questioned Lackey's ability. He can be a real dick on the mound, because of his competitive nature.

I think "nowhere" is an understatement for Scioscia's record. But on this board, Scioscia could cure cancer and the response would be, "Yea, but he doesn't win in the playoffs"

Fixed

I don't think anyone has questioned Lackey's ability.  He can be a real dick on the mound, because of his competitive nature.

I think "nowhere" is an understatement for Scioscia's record.  But on this board, Scioscia could cure cancer and the response would be, "What took him so long?"

In all fairness, outside of this year, we haven't won much without Lackey.

Maybe it wasn't Madden, Bud Black, or Ron Roenicke that was the reason for success of Scioscia.  Maybe it was John Lackey!

The great puzzle has been solved.

Butcher came out earlier in the inning....then Scioscia came out...2nd visit.

I was at the game too...Lackey was pissed...especially when the Bullpen went dumpster fire...and Lackey (with towel around his neck...but he was holding onto it to cover his mouth) said something to Mike as he headed down the tunnel.

Scioscia being Scioscia...didn't want to be Grady Little with Pedro Martinez...Soon Lackey left for the cash. Whatever...Weaver took the home town discount and fans remember that about Weaver. BESIDES- Weaver is way better looking than Lackey....jerry-and-george.jpg

Edited by JoJo26

Butcher came out earlier in the inning....then Scioscia came out...2nd visit.

I was at the game too...Lackey was pissed...especially when the Bullpen went dumpster fire...and Lackey (with towel around his neck...but he was holding onto it to cover his mouth) said something to Mike as he headed down the tunnel.

Scioscia being Scioscia...didn't want to be Grady Little with Pedro Martinez...Soon Lackey left for the cash. Whatever...Weaver took the home town discount and fans remember that about Weaver. BESIDES- Weaver is way better looking than Lackey....jerry-and-george.jpg

If I understand this correctly, tall people generally look better than horses; but they don't make as much money.  Got it.