• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

confirm quote

shellback

He's probably going to be sore from running around in a game for the first time in a month

Please tell me you're joking. This is baseball, not hockey, football, or basketball. Baseball. He only had to chase 2 balls really the whole game. He's been working out the last 2 weeks. You really believe that crap?

I was wondering about this quote as well because the other thread was locked for some reason and there was no confirmation. Maybe the headache is from the MSG and salt in the chinese food he's been scarfing down on the way to gain 25 lbs while on the DL. 

I was wondering about this quote as well because the other thread was locked for some reason and there was no confirmation. Maybe the headache is from the MSG and salt in the chinese food he's been scarfing down on the way to gain 25 lbs while on the DL. 

I heard it on the radio postgame show, started a thread, and it was immediately locked. He said his legs would be sore today and he had a headache from banging into the wall on the catch where he fell down.

Please tell me you're joking. This is baseball, not hockey, football, or basketball. Baseball. He only had to chase 2 balls really the whole game. He's been working out the last 2 weeks. You really believe that crap?

I don't believe he's too sore to play but do I believe there's a difference between working out and game action as it relates to the body, yes. This is being exaggerated and blown out of proportion because he played like shit. This is a non issue quote if he played well.

I heard it on the radio postgame show, started a thread, and it was immediately locked. He said his legs would be sore today and he had a headache from banging into the wall on the catch where he fell down.

That was a fairly hard fall. 

He's probably going to be sore from running around in a game for the first time in a month

I thought he was on the DL for his shoulder. If so, one could expect that he could still keep in cardio shape by moving his legs and be as prepared as possible for the playoffs. Instead, he's looking bloated. Maybe I'm being harsh about his puffiness and that is a side effect of the cortisone shots. I'm not a doc but I doubt it. 

Edited by CF8

The headache quote, at least here, comes from hitting the wall in the 5th......doesn't look that bad in this article...

Josh Hamilton struggles in return to Angels’ lineup …

josh.jpg?w=300&h=196Josh Hamilton, who played in only one of the Angels’ last 23 regular-season games due to ailments in his right shoulder and right side, went 0-for-4 in the Angels’ 3-2, 11-inning loss in Game 1 of the American League Division Series on Thursday night.

He lined out to the left side of the infield in the third, grounded out to second base in his next two plate appearance and struck out swinging in the ninth, failing to come through with one out and a runner on second in his last two at-bats. Angels manager Mike Scioscia batted Hamilton seventh, because he figured he’d be rusty after so much time off.

He was.

“The game was obviously moving a little fast,” Hamilton said. “I went back and looked at a couple of at-bats and I was actually starting to load too early. So, tomorrow, try to slow it down even more.”

Hamilton banged up against the left-field fence while catching Salvador Perez‘s fifth-inning fly ball, but all he came away with was “a headache.” He expects his legs to be sore when he wakes up on Friday, but he’s also expected to be back in the lineup against Yordano Ventura and his triple-digit fastball.

“Physically I feel good,” Hamilton said. “I’ll be a little sore tomorrow. It’s been a while since I played nine innings. But I’ll come in, get treatment, things like that, and be ready for tomorrow.”

Alden

“Physically I feel good,” Hamilton said. “I’ll be a little sore tomorrow. It’s been a while since I played nine innings. But I’ll come in, get treatment, things like that, and be ready for tomorrow.”

Can Baylor give him a crash course in identifying the hitting zone?

That's what he really needs.