• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

980 am THE BEAST-Idiots...

JoJo26

So I'm listening to LA newest sports station - to some show called  "The Drive with Brett Winterble and George Wrighster"...who ever they are...and they're discussing Angels Baseball. It's around 3:30 pm

After the Doyer love fest on 570 and 710...it was interesting to hear another take on the Halos besides 830 am.

Until I kept listening...here's my question. How in the H-E-L-L did these guys get jobs? I mean...seriously?

Here's what I mean...they're talking Halo pitching and CJ Wilson...then they discuss Josh Hamilton...on how maybe he can turn into the 2012 version of Josh (showing they haven't seen one game in 2014)

Here's the kicker...Wrighster was talking about Trout...saying it's not a one man team. "Mike Trout can hit a double every time up. A double. But he needs the other hitters to do their jobs. Albert Puljos, Kendrick, IBANEZ, Freese..."

Ibanez? As in Raul Ibanez? The same dude who was in the KC ROYALS dugout Tuesday night? That Ibanez?

Wow...just wow....this reminds me of the radio (and TV) misinformation about Hockey in So Cal. If it's not LAKERS and Kobe - Doyers and Clayton - or southern cal football...these guys (and gals) don't know jack.

Congrats 980 am...you really got a couple of winners over there - Maybe you should recruit Vic The Brick? He's another. "Hey 980...see this brick? EAT ITTTTTTTT!"

Nevermind the annoying font of the post, the fact that an asshat on the sports radio broadcasting microphone --who's getting paid to know his info-- included Ibanez as part of the Angels lineup, completely discredits any opinions he has about the Angels or their chances of winning.

I'm going to make a blanket statement: a great majority of these as*holes don't know anything about our team. And MLB as a whole, has been making these kind of mistakes for years.

Time to wake up people, we're the ugly duckling of the 30 teams in the entire league. These chatty-cathy's would rather talk about the Dodgers or any other team than the Angels. I can only compare it to the guy on the playground nobody wants to be there, but has stuck to its own for years anyway, and has become a force to be reckoned with.

This is why I love it when our team shoves it all straight up their collective asses. It's also testament to the fact that it is assinine to listen to sports radio broadcasters who don't really know what's going on. They merely fill dead airtime with commentary that is equivelent to tabloid news like TMZ or FM "celebrity" radio.

Sh*ts a comlete joke. It literally makes you dumb, like Miley Cyrus music or Kanye's latest antics. It's why I just straight up don't listen to the stuff. Unless you've been under a rock for the past 10-20 years, you'd know this by now.

I'd love to say /rant, but I'll continue to make posts about it every so often until it's not true. It's ubsurd we're not taken seriously.  But for now I'm used to it and will always love the Angels because of the discredit they've been given for the past decade, no matter how well they perform.

Go Halos Forever.

People have been ignoring the Angels for years.  Trout is the only reason people would ever talk about the Angels, and even that is minimal.  I remember back in the 08 09 days when we won divisions nobody would ever respect the Angels.  It made it even worse losing in the postseason because it justified the ignorance.  

This team has a lot of redeeming to do.

You seem very angry about this whole situation. Wait til the Angels are all over MLBtv while Bill Ripken the ol' fart that he is starts getting names and stats wrong left and right. Maybe tune in to TBS when the Angels play on that channel and hear Darling say something along the lines of "I was just as good as Trout". Please post when these things inevitably happen.

You seem very angry about this whole situation. Wait til the Angels are all over MLBtv while Bill Ripken the ol' fart that he is starts getting names and stats wrong left and right. Maybe tune in to TBS when the Angels play on that channel and hear Darling say something along the lines of "I was just as good as Trout". Please post when these things inevitably happen.

Billy Ripken doesn't do announcing, it is his lesser known brother Cal.

Ron Darling was a pitcher, I doubt he would make the connection to Trout.

Maybe tune in to TBS when the Angels play on that channel and hear Darling say something along the lines of "I was just as good as Trout". Please post when these things inevitably happen.

Which is even more impressive since he spent most of his time on the mount

not just radio but Angels fans at the game too; when I was out at the game the night we clinched I learned some new things:

1)  Kendrys Morales broke his leg on opening day 2 years ago

2)  the bullpen catcher uses a brand new mitt so it makes a louder pop to give the pitcher more confidence regarding velocity

has anyone heard that 2nd one before?

Sit in the Diamond Club and keep count of the people asking "who's that???", only of course recognizing Trout. Earlier this year an African-American family walked down the aisle to take their seats and the dad was wearing a Dodger hat. So I hear these same "who's that???" morons say "Their kind don't belong here." I seriously hope they were referring to the hat he was wearing lol.

Ive listened to sports podcasts for years.. LA sports talk is at an all time low.  If its Kobe talk you like, it may be at an all time high.  Travis Rodgers is the only guy I hear on any of the stations who really knows a lot.

Jeannie Zelasko and Marques Johnson do a sports talk show in the mornings on 980.  They are nice, but there is zero chance they know more about the Angels than most of the posters here.  I am sure its the same for their Kings talk.

AM 710 had a report this morning about the baseball playoffs.  He cautioned fans that "a Freeway Series is *NOT* a foregone conclusion".  Really?

Its just bad.