• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AL Wildcard Gameday Thread: A's @ Royals - 9/30/14

Chimi

At this point it's pretty much all up to Jon Lester. I feel like he's the only constant here.

You just never know what you're going to get with the rest of them.

KC had a GREAT night last night so hopefully some of that energy translates into another great "Show Me State" performance. You know it's going to be loud! It would be wonderful to see both the Patriots AND A's lose in the same city in a 24 hour period. 

The sooner the A's are irrelevant this season, the better.  Push them into oblivion...

Let's Go Royals!

I'm predicting the Royals get a couple of unearned runs early and then their bullpen shuts the A's down...

Sentimentally I want KC... but as an Angel fan - I want Oakland... KC's bullpen is so scary - and cuts a game to 5 innings (kinda reminds me of the Angels in 2002 with Shields, K-Rod, Percy)...

As dominant as Davis and Holland are, people forget how good Kelvin Herrera is as the 7th inning guy.

1.41 ERA in 70 games, and stingy on hits allowed and ZERO HRs allowed, although the Ks/BBs is just over 2/1 (59/26).  Control is his only question.

Herrera and Davis are beyond filthy in not allowing XBHs.

I'd rather face the much more often seen A'ths.    The Halos have much more confidence when facing them now (7-1 in past 8 games).

And their backend of the pen isn't Herrera/Davis/Holland.

And we wouldn't face Lester until game 3, and only face him once. 

Edited by Angel Oracle

As good as the Royals bullpen is, I still want them because of their lineup.  Oakland is capable of getting hot because they are very patient and work counts.  CJ vs Oakland is an automatic loss.  Ill take the younger more inexperienced team, and hope we can get a lead on them before the 7th inning.

that's exactly where my head is at.

As good as the Royals bullpen is, I still want them because of their lineup.  Oakland is capable of getting hot because they are very patient and work counts.  CJ vs Oakland is an automatic loss.  Ill take the younger more inexperienced team, and hope we can get a lead on them before the 7th inning.

If the A'ths had HFA, I would be more in line with this thinking. 

The A'ths though are just average on the road, while KC was the best road team in the AL.