• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Life

Sorry to hear of your loss, mt..

I've learned those lessons in my personal and professional life, and try to live accordingly..  People are there for a moment; gone the next.  And, our sob-story pales in comparison to the next persons'.  Either of us may be nearing the end; treat people the way you want to be treated (if only for the karma of an afterlife, if any).  I was brought-up to really feel the power/joys of helping/volunteering, and do it for the pure reactions of people.

That's how I turned into a hugger.  If I really know/love you, you get a man-hug.  You people in here get a "bro-handshake-half-hug" at least!

Some time late last year I got an e-mail from one of the people in my senior class about a classmate who was dying of terminal cancer. This classmate and I practically grew up together. We played at each other's houses, attended the same schools from elementary through high school, learned to play baseball at the same city park. I had not communicated with him since commencement 40 years earlier. I talked to him through e-mail several times before his passing. After he died I got a very nice note from his widow, who told me how much it meant to him to hear from someone he had shared so many experiences with in his youth.

It doesn't matter how long it has been since you have talked with your old friends. If they are in distress you can still be a comfort to them. It might be one of the pleasant thoughts in their minds as they depart this earth.

Rest in peace, Jeff.