• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A's Gameday Thread

A game like this could re-energize the A's. There's some fight left in them. A loss today would have been devastating.

Yep. I am very concerned about the A's. No knock on the Angels, but our rotation is a house of cards, propped up only by smoke and mirrors. And our offense has been struggling mightily.

Meanwhile, the A's have an amazing rotation, and 10 of their last 13 games are against horrible teams.

Lots of baseball still to be played, but this feels like the slimmest 5.5 game lead a team can possibly have.

I'm not jumping on the this win will revitalize them bandwagon quite yet.  They were shut down all day and only won because of a pitcher that has a 27.00 ERA and has given up 12 runs in 4 innings to them this year.  They came out and beat the Mariners after the dreaded closed door meeting and looked good doing it, then they fell on their face the next three games after that.

This. We could go 10-11 from here on out and still win the division, because the odds of Oakland going 16-5 or better just to tie are slim.

Basically.

1 in 25 Oakland wins it.

1 in 30 for Seattle.

I'm looking for a wild card game against either Verlander or Iwakuma.

Should be fun.

The A's have a cupcake schedule the rest of the way. It wouldn't be surprising to see them go on a tear.

But odds are they will still have to face a Felix or Iwakuma or Scherzer or Price in a one-game playoff just to make it to the actual postseason. Which is probably not what Beane and the A's had envisioned a month ago.

Edited by Angels

The A's have a cupcake schedule the rest of the way. It wouldn't be surprising to see them go on a tear.

But odds are they will still have to face a Felix or Iwakuma or Scherzer or Price in a one-game playoff just to make it to the actual postseason. Which is probably not what Beane or the A's had envisioned a month ago.

Getting Lester was not a move they made with the regular season in mind. That was a move meant to help them for game 1 of a playoff series (not a wild card game)

Getting Lester was not a move they made with the regular season in mind. That was a move meant to help them for game 1 of a playoff series (not a wild card game)

I was talking about the relatively big lead they blew in a short amount of time and being 6 games back with only 20 to play. Pretty sure they weren't expecting that. Or their struggles since the Cespedes trade.

As for Lester, that was probably his mindset. But I'm sure he thought it would make them better in the regular season, too...since the division wasn't even won.

Edited by Angels