• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Braves may move Evan Gattis this offseason

Chuck

David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes that "there’s at least a pretty good chance" that Evan Gattis will be traded this offseason.

The Braves' value Gattis' power, but they have Christian Bethancourt in the pipeline, who is far superior behind the plate. There's also no clear fit for him in the outfield, where he would likely be a liability anyway. O'Brien writes that a trade to an American League might be the best thing for him. Gattis has 41 home runs in 197 games over the past two seasons, so he would fetch a nice return.

There's that pesky issue of us having nothing to trade of course, unless they take Cron, which I have no idea why any NL team would do that, especially one with Freeman.

Their 2B situation sucks. They may take Kendrick for a year. Would be a good swap (let Green take over at 2B) for both teams. Could add a prospect. LaStella isn't the long term answer at 2B for the Braves.. 

Betancourt is just an amazing defensive catcher, which is why they want to go with him. 

Their 2B situation sucks. They may take Kendrick for a year. Would be a good swap (let Green take over at 2B) for both teams. Could add a prospect. LaStella isn't the long term answer at 2B for the Braves..

Betancourt is just an amazing defensive catcher, which is why they want to go with him.

No way they take Kendrick for Gattis. The only player throughout the entire Angels system that'd make sense is Calhoun, which I wouldn't do.

Oso blanco is a disaster defensively, and I don't think his bat is much better, or even on par with iannetta's. It would be a lateral move IMO

His bat is far better than Iannettas. I'm actually fine with sticking with Conger/Iannetta though. Conger's bat is better than what we've been seeing with him he makes a decent guy to share time with Iannetta.

I wonder though, would it be worth trading for BJ Upton if it also gave us the opportunity to get Mike Minor? Upton + Minor for Kendrick seems possible

Edited by SigBaby

The Angels are seemingly not as enthralled with Grant Green as some on this board.  I personally feel like the clubs judgment is probably a bit better.  Although he is seemingly a promising player.  Kendrick is a consistently above average MLB 2b.  He will not be easy to replace.  I also continue to think that Conger just needs more consistent AB.  He imo is better then he's shown this year with the stick.

His bat is far better than Iannettas. I'm actually fine with sticking with Conger/Iannetta though. Conger's bat is better than what we've been seeing with him he makes a decent guy to share time with Iannetta.

I wonder though, would it be worth trading for BJ Upton if it also gave us the opportunity to get Mike Minor? Upton + Minor for Kendrick seems possible

Agreed. Conger is in a total funk. But hes not this bad. He and iannetta are a very solid catching duo. It stands out right now because just about no one else is doing their job...

It would not be worth anything to the Angels to make any trade that forces them to take BJ Upton. He is pure crap and has 3/$46 left on his contract.