• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks 2014-15 Thread

HaloCory22

Man, what a busy week...so many trades. My first reaction: man what a good week for the Ducks on the trade front. I will miss Wild Bill and maybe the 2nd round pick, but outside of that what great asset management for now and even down the road. Wiz is going to make the D a lot more dynamic. DSP for Sekac could be a steal down the road. Same think with Lovejoy for Despres.

My only complain is, man this team is too deep. What LW is going to sit when everyone is healthy? What D is going to sit once Vats is back? If I am not mistaken, I even think a D will be sent back once Vats is activated? Good problem to have I guess.

Don't know what you see in Stoner, Nate. He has spurts of good games but overall not impressed at all.

He has been our only stay at home D man that has done his job this season.  Beauch is slow and Fowler/Vat/Lindholm are not of that style.  He doesn't score goals or anything but that's not his job.

I love the moves made my Murray.  I was a big Lovejoy fan but to get Despres for him is a good hockey move.  Interesting that they brought Wiz back after how he left, doesn't he have a rather large cap hit?

That is why Brewer is gone.

He has been our only stay at home D man that has done his job this season.  Beauch is slow and Fowler/Vat/Lindholm are not of that style.  He doesn't score goals or anything but that's not his job.

I've been him burned so much on D though or being out of place. Yeah he's a stay at home guy but he's not really someone you want in your home.

Anyone surprised that Beleskey wasn't dealt.  I would have thought he would be a sought after trade chip.  Man, Murray did a good job.  As far as I can tell, we didn't give up any of our 1st round picks.  We did not give up any of our young players.  And except for Holzier, no rentals.

Anyone surprised that Beleskey wasn't dealt.  I would have thought he would be a sought after trade chip.  Man, Murray did a good job.  As far as I can tell, we didn't give up any of our 1st round picks.  We did not give up any of our young players.  And except for Holzier, no rentals.

Not really surprised. Beleskey wasn't going to command much due to being a rental (and not healthy yet on top of that). What the Ducks would have gotten in return for him was likely worth less than having him for a Cup run.

Jinx. I did that on purpose! Wow they went crazy right at the deadline. Depres is a 23 yr old 6'4" dman. Like that move. Wiz will help with the PP with his shot.

The Ducks have about 300 defensemen now. It'll be interesting to see what happens especially with how BB likes to shuffle lines.

2 years is the max I go for him with all honesty. He has 1 year wonder written all over him.

The more important extension is going to be Kessler.  We need to lock him down past his final year next year.  And if we do that, cap space might start to become an issue.  I'm not sure how much cap we took on with todays flurry.  

http://ducks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=756191&navid=DL|ANA|home

On addressing the defense
The one comment I’d like to make, and I feel like I have to do this, is the way Ben Lovejoy found out he was traded is wrong…to go off the ice and see it all on Twitter. He knew before the call was even done. That’s wrong in our business today. It’s amazing to me. We’ve done deals in the last week with Montreal, Florida and Columbus today ahead of that deal, and no one ever knew a thing. That’s the way it’s supposed to happen. A player is supposed to find out he’s traded through the general manager because I owe it to the player to make that phone call. I wasn’t afforded that today. I’m very [upset] that Ben had to find out the way he did. He was a good soldier for us, and that wasn’t fair.

I agree with Murray.  But ouch Lovejoy.  Finding out via twitter.