• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cron, Cowart, Green and Lindsey watch!

NrM

I think Cron could be a useful DH, but look at the guys the Angels could have picked that came after Cron:

Sonny Gray, Kolten Wong, Matt Barnes, Alex Meyer, Blake Swihart, and Robert Stephenson

Imagine the rotation if Gray was picked, Weaver, Wilson, Gray, Richards, and Skaggs with Santiago as a swingman

Thanks Tony Reagins !!!

I don't think Scioscia will ever bench Erik Aybar. I'm pissed Green hasn't replaced him. 

Why does the bench have 40 identical outfielders? This team is utterly retarded. Why put a 42 yr. Ibanez at 1st when CJ Cron is in AAA? He's a good hitter too. And does Lindsey need to wait until Howie is 50 to get the call to the majors? 

Why isn't Berg on the roster?

What the hell is wrong with this team? This is damn frustrating especially since the team needs these guys ASAP

I don't think Scioscia will ever bench Erik Aybar. I'm pissed Green hasn't replaced him. 

Why does the bench have 40 identical outfielders? This team is utterly retarded. Why put a 42 yr. Ibanez at 1st when CJ Cron is in AAA? He's a good hitter too. And does Lindsey need to wait until Howie is 50 to get the call to the majors? 

What the hell is wrong with this team? This is damn frustrating especially since the team needs these guys ASAP

Well right now it's working for them. I doubt it'll last long, though.

Edited by Poozy

lol wut?

Let them rot in the minors so long as guys like Josh Wall get a priority spot on the roster.

Bringing those guys to the roster would make the team win more games, so don't count on seeing any of them any time soon. 

Who killed your puppy anyway?  Living proof that sometimes it's better to barf in a bag.

Who killed your puppy anyway? Living proof that sometimes it's better to barf in a bag.

Should I pretend to be happy that some horrible pitcher suddenly gets a spot on the team while Berg continues to be neglected in AAA? I'm glad you're cool with it, though. People always express anger here, I'm not the first.

Should I pretend to be happy that some horrible pitcher suddenly gets a spot on the team while Berg continues to be neglected in AAA? I'm glad you're cool with it, though. People always express anger here, I'm not the first.

I'm not "cool" with it.  I think there is probably some logic to bringing him up instead of Berg at this time.  It's a fine line between expressing anger, and being rude about it.  The problem with being angry and rude is that it negatively impacts many potential posters, and is a poor reflection on the professionalism of this website.  So don't be like all the other "angry and rude" posters who think that approach is funny, appropriate or whatever.  You're a smart dude, channel it in an appropriate manner.

With regard to Wall, it could very well be that they wanted to see what he has left, and see how he responds to being in the majors at this time.  He was put in situations yesterday and today that had little game impact.  My reaction is that he had significant movement on his pitches and good velocity, but very poor command.  Since he's a veteran, he will work his way out the door soon enough unless a miracle happens.  The Angels have used 32 different players so far at the MLB level, they usually use between 45-50 in a year.  You will see Berg soon enough, I hope he is ready.  At setback with a youngster can stall a promising career fast when their confidence takes a nose dive, so unless they are certain he is ready, they shouldn't bring him up.  Unfortunately, unless you are an insider to this organization all the details of many of these moves are not available to be reviewed.

Edited by tomsred

I noticed that's your only retort to people you disagree with. Maybe grow up, ok?

After reading your garbage last night on the bullpen, specifically your Arte and Dipoto comments, I'm not going to waste my time responding to ridiculous posts like that and the one in this thread.

Use your head before you post.

Is the general thinking that Green will wither get promoted or traded by seasons end? It seems a waste having him stay in AAA. Unless theres already plans to move Kendrick or Aybar on somewhere?

#1 He's our first option if an injury should happen to one of Kendrick or Aybar.

#2 Should a team in contention need an Aybar or Kendrick and Green has continued to hit well, I can see Dipoto trading one of the two to land some future pitching.

If WE need a piece I can see us traditional Green to acquire more immediate help at another position. Perhaps the bullpen. We'd basically traded Callaspo for say a top bullpen arm or talented young arm that could step in now from a team rich in pitching depth.

My prediction is Aybar is traded in - season and Green is promoted to take his spot. We have Lindsey and Yarbrough at 2B to take Kendrick's place after 2015. Or HE is traded in the offseason for an arm.

Cow art has sucked balls since his opening day, five-hit night. My guess is that within thirty days, we will be talking about converting him to a pitcher.

I'd cut him some slack since he's just two weeks of games in. I'm still a believer in Cowart.

After seeing cron in spring, I'm not as worried about his plate discipline.  Yes, it's still a bit of a concern, but he's not Brandon Wood, and more importantly he's not mark trumbo.  He gets that comp a lot, but I don't think it's on point because he doesn't k much.  Honing in on what he hits hard and laying off the rest will be the key for him.

Green performed very capably at SS this spring although I just don't think it's in the cards for him to be an everyday SS replacement for Aybar.  I'd trade him for a lock down reliever in a heartbeat.

Lindsey will be the starting 2b for the halos next year

Cowart will have a solid AA season and will be in AAA next year where I think he'll struggle and repeat.  I think his ETA is mid 2016. 

My predictions

1. Cron splits the DH duties with Ibanez beginning in July and takes over fully by August.

2. Lindsey is the starting 2B in 2015 but not in an everyday role.

3. Grant Green will be an everyday player for the Angels in 2015 in the super-utility role. He'll log starts at 3B, SS, 2B, 1B and DH.

4. Bedrock, Morin and Alvarez will all be promoted by late July and become the Angels middle relief crew.

5. Kendrick will be dealt, either at the deadline or in the offseason and the return won't be anything more than a projectable SP in AA/AAA.

In the minors Green has over 120 games in OF too, mostly in CF. Is there anything stopping him from playing the corner outfield as well? Judging by the limited numbers he seems as capable as Boesch, and him being able to play so many positions gives a good value, even as a bench guy. And if he gets hot maybe we have the next Batista/Zobrist (Okay, perhaps a bit optimistic  :lol:).

All this might make sense if you wrote it Easter, 2015. But give it time. Aybar has a solid track record, Green not much so. Hopefully Long will be given a chance soon - I think he's got some upside as a 4th outfielder ala Jeff DaVanon. Ibanez will play himself out of at-bats, and Cron will get his chance. And yes, Lindsey needs to wait until either Howie declines (which he hasn't shown signs of yet) and/or is traded. I'm sure Berg will get some innings this year.

So relax. All things in time.