• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who sits in National League Parks: Bourjos or Trumbo?

Chuck

Who Sits In National League Parks?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Peter Bourjos or Mark Trumbo?

• Mark Trumbo
    • Peter Bourjos
    • Depends on who is hitting better at the time
    • Other

Normally, this is  a bigger deal when they used top play 9 games in NL parks in a small part of the season in late May or June. Now, however, they open with the Reds, but then they don't see another NL park until two with the Dodgers in May (5-27 & 5/28) following that, it's two with the Cubs in Wrigley on the 9th and 10th of July, then three with the Brewers at Miller Park to end August and begin September.

To start the year, they play Monday the 1st, then have Tuesday off, then play Wednesday the 3rd and Thursday the Fourth in Cincinnati. I'd expect Bourjos to start opening day for Weaver, then with Wilson pitching likely Wednesday, Trumbo starts in Left and Trout moves to Center. Thursday, Hamilton or Pujols sits, Trumbo plays their spot and Bourjos is back in CF for Vargas. 

In May against the Dodgers, it's the end of a 6-game road trip with no day off for 7 more games. 13 in a row. I'd imagine Trumbo and Bourjos each get a day off for those two, but again, Pujols, Hamilton, or Trout all could see a rare day off.

When they play the Cubs in July, they have days off before the two games and after the two games. The All-Star game is the following week after a three game stretch in Seattle. I'd imagine Bourjos sits once and Trumbo sits once, seeing as they don't want to give either player four days off in a row, especially if they are hitting well.

In August, against the Brewers, it again is the tail end of a 6-game trip, followed by a 7 game homestand. I'd imagine one sits Friday, depending on who is pitching for the Angels, one sits Saturday. Then on Sunday, it's a really early day game. I wouldn't be surprised again if Pujols or Hamilton gets a rare day off, or even Trout. They then play TB and TEX at home, so probably will be vitally important games. 

Also, any of these games could see Calhoun starting if they face a pitcher vulnerable to lefties, which would put both Bourjos and Trumbo on the bench. That likely only happens when Wilson starts for the Angels, but it is a possibility.