• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who sits in National League Parks: Bourjos or Trumbo?

Chuck

Who Sits In National League Parks?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Peter Bourjos or Mark Trumbo?

• Mark Trumbo
    • Peter Bourjos
    • Depends on who is hitting better at the time
    • Other

I think it'll alternate.  Bourjos will get the first start, Trumbo the second, and the third is a toss-up.  We all know how much Scioscia loves a platoon.

Is this alternating scheme based on the fact the Angels are starting Weaver (flyball pitcher), Wilson (groundball pitcher), and Blanton (homerun pitcher) in Cincinnati?

I really think it'll be situational. Petey may start with our flyball pitchers on the mound and then again based on matchups with opposing pitchers. I could also see Petey as a late innings replacement/pinch hitter when we are ahead. I would imagine Trumbo gets start for CJ's game for sure. I don't think it'll be just one lineup in NL parks, just doesn't sound like Sosh to me.

Given that Cincy has a smaller outfield, I fully anticipate Bourjos to begin the season on the bench and to come in as a late inning defensive replacement, pinch hitter or pinch runner in all three games.  Once we swing back over to AL ball parks, Bourjos will take over as the full time CF. 

For me, it depends on how they are hitting and daily matchups.  I think Scioscia will give Trumbo the edge, which I can't argue with at this point. Bourjos' defense is valuable, but not as much as it could be since you can have Trout in CF.