• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Perspectives the mainstream media won't touch

This thread is for political observations the mainstream media won't touch with a ten foot pole.  I'll start.

Agencies like the DEA and CBP have no incentive to tackle the problems they were created to solve.  Why would federal agents employed by these agencies make a sincere effort when any progress threatens their employment status?  DEA and CBP employees need drug cartels and illegal immigration in order to remain gainfully employed. 

Depending who you believe, the costs to Americans from illegal immigration and drug problems associated with Mexico are $200-400 billion annually.  That's billion with a "b".  I just read an article that said the GDP of the neighboring Mexican states -- Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo Leon, Tamaulipas -- combined for a total of $240 billion USD last year. 

Seems to me that if we really wanted to minimize both illegal immigration and drug smuggling, a much better use of the money would be in Mexico itself by helping them to industrialize or becomed educated.  Mexicans would be less inclined to come here or smuggle drugs illegally if they had better opportunities on their own land. 

It's just like everything else in this country, we treat symptoms of problems, not the actual problem.  This mindset creates more problems of its own. 

sib.gif

Agencies like the DEA and CBP have no incentive to tackle the problems they were created to solve. Why would federal agents employed by these agencies make a sincere effort when any progress threatens their employment status? DEA and CBP employees need drug cartels and illegal immigration in order to remain gainfully employed.

Companies that make rape whistles secretly hope rape increases in America. They love rape. Good logic.

Lol... mp you have to be joking.  At this point, CBP is lucky to catch 5% of the illegals they hunt.  Saying they intentionally do it to keep their jobs is just as hilarious as you saying insurance companies want to pay doctors more money to keep costs high.

Lol... mp you have to be joking.  At this point, CBP is lucky to catch 5% of the illegals they hunt.  Saying they intentionally do it to keep their jobs is just as hilarious as you saying insurance companies want to pay doctors more money to keep costs high.

What I'm saying is there's no long-term incentive to eliminate any of these problems.  Too much sustained progress = pink slips being handed out. 

As to your other remark, I never said anything remotely like that.

There doesn't need to be incentive.  It is the same reason we have police.  As long as you have a good guy, here will always be a bad guy.

As long as this country isn't completely shit (up for debate right now) there will always be people who want to get here, and will come up with creative ways to do it.  The offense is always one step ahead of the defense.  CBP would have to grow 100x to have a chance.

Sure, but saying it is because CBP wants to keep their jobs is ludicrous.

That's fine if you feel that way, but can you explain -- in detail -- your reasons for thinking that?  Thanks

Also, if CBP was able to reduce illegal immigration by 75% do you really think all those agents would remain employed by CBP?

Edited by mp170.6

The MSM was bought and paid for a long time ago.  Not only does the  MSM ignore the drug issue but Americans are also ignoring or simply don't know the level of the massive Heroin problem that currently exists. The MSM has become a Joke.  People really should look elsewhere.   This massive Heroin problem is not only in the cities but now replete through the suburbs. It is the reason why we are still in Afghanistan. People really need to wake the H$ll up.   LOL @ the drug  war.  Oh the poor Govt just can't get anything right, except line their pockets with illegal money.

I hardly ever hear the words sunni or shiite mentioned on the news.

That one was sure and attention getter during the tiime we were kicking their @ss.  Our mainstream news should just say, "Hey we have no clue what goes on in this operation and we beg the State dept for scraps  that we subsrcibe as news" and after that It's just much easier to pay ex-Generals, or close ranks to babble what they think is happenning based upon their previous training and experience.  MSM is now owned by a few corporations, that's it.  It's part of the the corporatocracy that  runs the  country.  Expect little more then only what they want you to know and TV "programming".

After spending the better part of the last 17 years in and out of the middle east I think I have a pretty good perspective of a few things that are not going to be covered by the MSM. Ever. Ignore this at your own peril. The labor market is global. Whatever job you have, somebody in India or China or Philippines or somewhere is thrilled to do for far less money. Illegal immigration will never go away. Jobs will get shipped overseas. I suggest opting out of the established economy every chance you get. Barter. Trade. Co-op. Stop handing your life's effort over to corporations who return pennies on the dollar.

I read on a couple smaller news outlets that China decided to stop hoarding US dollars, which means their currency manipulation of the Yuan will finally end.

Which means all that chinese stuff that is imported for so cheap will drastically increase in price and the dollar (and our economy) could be really nailed.

Haven't seen much on mainstream media but that is a non-trivlal thing if so.

Edited by mrwicked

During the height of the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, I used to search for videos uploaded to Youtube by soldiers actually on the ground over there. 

It was crazy how a short video 1-5 mins long could completely debunk what all of the news stations, and even Congress, were talking about at the time.

wow, so true.

After spending the better part of the last 17 years in and out of the middle east I think I have a pretty good perspective of a few things that are not going to be covered by the MSM. Ever. Ignore this at your own peril. The labor market is global. Whatever job you have, somebody in India or China or Philippines or somewhere is thrilled to do for far less money. Illegal immigration will never go away. Jobs will get shipped overseas. I suggest opting out of the established economy every chance you get. Barter. Trade. Co-op. Stop handing your life's effort over to corporations who return pennies on the dollar.

Have you ever read the book "Confessions of an Economic Hitman"?(with your experience you may not have had to).  Talk about a wake up call.  I still want to cry.

I read on a couple smaller news outlets that China decided to stop hoarding US dollars, which means their currency manipulation of the Yuan will finally end.

Which means all that chinese stuff that is imported for so cheap will drastically increase in price and the dollar (and our economy) could be really nailed.

oil that is...

black gold...

texas tea.

I heard Peter Schiff talking about this the other day. If China quits buying US bonds (or worse sells them) the value of the dollar could drop dramatically. Either way it's days as a reserve currency are numbered.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-20/pboc-says-no-longer-in-china-s-favor-to-boost-record-reserves.html

I heard Peter Schiff talking about this the other day. If China quits buying US bonds (or worse sells them) the value of the dollar could drop dramatically. Either way it's days as a reserve currency are numbered.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-20/pboc-says-no-longer-in-china-s-favor-to-boost-record-reserves.html

The time to start converting your dollars to gold was several years ago. 

When the 12 ft. Russian/Iron Wall collapsed, there was a proposal to devote the U.S.'s intelligence assets to drug trafficking.  A study was performed and the conclusion was that the DEA (and others) were so infiltrated with spies/foreign agents that the country could not open the doors as to what these intel assets could do.  So the intelligence community declined.   Time period here was in circa 1990.   

I think I kind of agree with the OP.  How much time and money have we thrown at the "war on drugs"?  It's been a colossal failure. How much has throwing all these druggies in jail actually worked?

It's time to try a new tactic.

I have believed this for years. Locking people up and spending billions on incarceration hasn't accomplished anything. About all it has done is to increase the violence involved in the drug trade. Drug dealers carry automatic weapons instead of flowers. The stakes are higher, which drives up prices, which makes those involved in the trade take more severe measures to protect their "share". Legalize them, regulate and tax them. That will drive street gangs out of the drug business, lower the burden on the prison system and cost society less. Use some of the proceeds from the tax to fund treatment programs for those who habitually overindulge.