• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Algrebra vs. Science in school

So I'm reading an article about how Toyota is going all in on fuel cells instead of Batteries. At the end of it, I start reading the comments and I come across this:

I don't know much about how abundant hydrogen gas really is on our planet, but it seems to me that if we use up all of our hydrogen gas here on earth we will be in a world of hurt. No hydrogen no more life on earth. We are using about 250,000 barrels (55 gallon drums) of gasoline a day in the U.S.A. alone. Can we really burn that much hydrogen gas with out fear of running out of hydrogen to support our own lives?? It sounds like a really bad idea. We run out of gasoline and we can go back to horses, Run out of hydrogen and we are all dead.

and all I can say is how perfect of an example this is for why the public schools should focus more on basic science concepts instead of advanced mathematics for general ed students.

I'm not sure it matters.  Most high school teachers are completely unqualified to be teaching in the first place. 

There's way too much emphasis on the arts and the English classes don't teach essential skills.  They waste weeks or months with stupid novels and poetry, and the students graduate unable to read the newspaper or fill out a job application because the vocabulary is over their heads.