• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Am I the only one....

IIIII

That wanted the Angels to get rid of Scioscia last year and sign Francona? I know hindsight is 20-20 but this is something my friends and I really wanted to see at the end of last season. We all felt Scioscia's time was coming to an end and Francona would be the best available manager for the next few years to come

Erstad manages a college program. That doesn't mean he will be good. He has to get some type of coaching experience at this level. 

Not really, look at Matheny. Erstad was a proven leader during his tenure on the Angels and I think he'd provide  youth, energy, and leadership as the manager of this ballclub.

Not really, look at Matheny. Erstad was a proven leader during his tenure on the Angels and I think he'd provide  youth, energy, and leadership as the manager of this ballclub.

Maybe, but what if he doesn't work out? Changing managers on a routine basis isn't a formula for success.

Maybe, but what if he doesn't work out? Changing managers on a routine basis isn't a formula for success.

Well, Mike Scioscia clearly isn't working out, we currently have no formula for success, and the future looks bleaker than ever. Perhaps Erstad isn't a good fit, but we can all agree this team needs new leadership.

It would suck to have to hate and bad mouth him too.

I love Erstad but he was another free swinging slappy hitting player, don't want any of that influence on this team.  His D was amazing and so was his work ethic but I would love to see someone come in that focused on working the count and seeing lots of pitches.

That wanted the Angels to get rid of Scioscia last year and sign Francona? I know hindsight is 20-20 but this is something my friends and I really wanted to see at the end of last season. We all felt Scioscia's time was coming to an end and Francona would be the best available manager for the next few years to come

Why am I the only one who understands that Scioscia is under five more years at a worth of 25 million, and that is a lot to buy out.  

Had the Angels done what they wanted the Angels would have spent at least 15 million to buy Scioscia's conrtract (50% of value is the minimum I have ever seen and that was when the coach had the baggage of a drunk driving conviction) and then pay probably at least that much for Francona.  

Then what?

It would be Francona who would have to march Blanton, Hanson, Hamilton, and our sorry bull pen out there and we still would lose.  Yes, let's spend 30 million and still suck!

I have said it before, you guys must think we are playing with monopoly money.  I Sosh was in the last year of his contract he probably would have no doubt been fired last year.  Just like Froncona was fired on the last year of his contract. 

AND Francona would still lose.  Because he would have the same personal.

Finally, if you looked at the standings, its highly unlikely for Francona to make the playoffs this year as well!

We need Erstad.

To do what exactly?   Be the seconding coming of Terry Collins?   To tell guys that it's more important to run into a wall to make the 2nd out in the 8th inning of a 10-2 loss instead of being healthy for the entire season?   I know, maybe you think he shares Dipoto's sabermetric ways -- nevermind that he went from a very good offensive player to a complete hack as his career went on.

Erstad's teams went from 35-23 in his first year to 29-30 in his second.   Just cause the guy was a red-ass doesn't mean he's the guy for this team.

If they make a managerial change, it needs to be someone that's completely in tune with what Dipoto is doing or someone willing to tell both his GM and his owner to screw off the first time they try to manage for him.

Personally, my hope is they actually try to fix the pitching quagmire they helped create.