• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: Iannetta's patient eye makes up for low average

The know what the context of the statement was. I absolutely disagree with your analysis of it. I think the entire context of the statement is a bigger indictment of Hatcher's hitting philosophy than just those five words.

I feel you YOT ... I'm sure you have baseball figured out.

The know what the context of the statement was. I absolutely disagree with your analysis of it. I think the entire context of the statement is a bigger indictment of Hatcher's hitting philosophy than just those five words.

I think the fact that you are still using the same meme after a season and a half of Hatcher being gone is more of an indictment.

Say what you want about Mickey but he never said that a walk wasn't a good play. He never taught to swing out of the strike zone.

He simply stated that a walk can be a false stat when evaluating a hitter. Players aren't all pitched the same. Player who aren't power threats are usually challenged over the plate more often than a power hitter which will produce fewer walks.

Aybar would be a perfect example. He doesn't walk much but is productive at the plate .

To me a great hitter is either scoring runs or driving them in. All you need to do is add the Runs & RBI's totals together and you will find the best hitters in baseball.

I'm thinking that Trout and Cabrera are at the top of that total :)

I have nothing against saber metrics but I'm old school ... SCOREBOARD BABY!

I don't think it does. What makes up for his bad defense and arm?

The Angels are last in the American League in caught stealing percentage at 19.0. Only the Washington Nationals are worse in MLB at 14.0 percent CS. Among Angels' catchers, Hank Conger has thrown out 28.6 percent of would-be base stealers, Chris Iannnetta 13.4.