• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Deadliest Catch

Has anybody died yet?  Because if not, I say it's false advertising. 

There have been a number of deaths during the show. The F/V Time Bandit held a ceremony at sea for a crew member who was found dead in a motel room in Unalaska after the boat returned to port. During the first season of the show the F/V Big Valley sank, with only one crew member surviving. At least two members of the crew, including the captain, were never found. So far no boat with an embedded film crew has gone down, but several boats have sunk during the series, and one of the tenders had a crew member die.

There have been too many nasty injuries to count.

Elliot's such a pussy

He certainly spends enough time chasing it. Almost got a crew member washed overboard because he was too engrossed in a phone call with a woman to see 50-foot wave coming. I read a blog somewhere that said that when Elliott was captain of the Ramblin' Rose, his boat was always last choice when camera crews were assigned. He has a reputation as the captain most likely to get everyone aboard killed.

Watching Jake Anderson's whiney ass struggling on the new boat getting harrassed brings a smile to my face.

And it wouldn't surprise me if Jake Harris ends up OD'ing somewhere.

Jake Anderson definitely doesn't have what it takes to run a boat. Emotionally immature, hair-trigger temper and not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I fully expect to read about Jake Harris' death sometime within the next year or two.

Word is that Josh Harris has gotten full ownership of the Cornelia Marie, and he plans to take her to sea for the next crab season. It seems a cinch that brother Jake won't be among the crew.

Word is that Josh Harris has gotten full ownership of the Cornelia Marie, and he plans to take her to sea for the next crab season. It seems a cinch that brother Jake won't be among the crew.

That's good to hear that Josh got the Marie back.  He seems like he wants to do what's right for his dad.  Now who captains will be the big question.  Because last time he got the boat back, it wasn't pretty.  

That's good to hear that Josh got the Marie back.  He seems like he wants to do what's right for his dad.  Now who captains will be the big question.  Because last time he got the boat back, it wasn't pretty.  

There is speculation that he may ask Edgar Hansen to captain the boat. Edgar wants a shot at the wheelhouse, which he isn't likely to get on the Northwestern. Sig Hansen has mentioned that they may buy a second boat for Edgar to run. If he took over the Cornelia Marie it would help Josh Harris out until he is ready to be a captain, and it would be a risk-free way for Sig to find out whether Edgar is ready to run a boat full time before they go to the expense of buying another boat.

Or they could just wait for the Saga to be repossessed by the bank, and pick it up for pennies on the dollar. They could hire Elliott to bait the pots.

There is speculation that he may ask Edgar Hansen to captain the boat. Edgar wants a shot at the wheelhouse, which he isn't likely to get on the Northwestern. Sig Hansen has mentioned that they may buy a second boat for Edgar to run. If he took over the Cornelia Marie it would help Josh Harris out until he is ready to be a captain, and it would be a risk-free way for Sig to find out whether Edgar is ready to run a boat full time before they go to the expense of buying another boat.

That would be interesting.  I've always wondered why the Northwestern doesn't captain it like the Time Bandit.  Have two captains, one doing one season, the other doing the other.  But both being there for captain relief and in case of emergency situations.

I've always wondered why the Northwestern doesn't captain it like the Time Bandit.  Have two captains, one doing one season, the other doing the other.  But both being there for captain relief and in case of emergency situations.

There are trust issues. At one time Edgar had a major alcohol problem, and he abandoned Sig and the Northwestern at a time when he was really needed. Sig is apparently not 100 percent convinced that Edgar is past that.

I've never been a fan of Wild Bill. I did see a different side of him last week, when he had to repair the hydraulics on the Cape Caution because his engineer quit when they returned to port to offload. He gained a lot of respect from his crew for jumping in while they were struggling to fix things.

Keith Coburn (Wizard) can be crass and use bad judgment in dealing with personnel , but I believe that underneath it all, he cares about his crew and does his best to take care of them. His actions with greenhorn Dane Tebo were over the top, but I believe that he saw Tebo creating a rift in his crew and that can be dangerous on the Bering Sea. I believe that he finally got a belly full of the greenhorn and emotion took over.

Junior is a cutthroat who will double cross anyone, but it seems that he is beginning to mellow a bit. Having to face his father's mortality has given him a little different perspective on things. He looks after the safety of his crew, which is a lot more than I can say about Elliott.

This has been one of my favorite shows since the beginning. Never a bad season.

Keith: I HATED this guy for the first few seasons. He had a bad temper and treated everyone like crap. I was rooting for Jonathan of the time bandit to kick his ass for poaching his crew. But Keith has pulled a complete 180 the last couple seasons. The true test was with this past green horn sucker punching Freddy. The old Keith would have tossed that guy in the water. Instead he instructed his crew to steer clear til docking. There have been many more examples of Keith showing a more compassionate side toward his crew and fellow fishermen.

Elliot: Guy is a shipwreck. I can't see how any fisherman would want to work on his boat. He's almost killed many guys because he's not paying attention. Particularly last year when he let a crewman watch the boat as it entered icy waters. The boat slammed into a heavy ice and nearly sunk the ship. Elliot got fired for that move and he blamed the SHOW! He said that Discovery Channel didn't air the full story and that he only let the wheel house for a few minutes. But video showed he was gone for hours. Best part was this year when he was going to propose to his lady on the side and found out last minute she was banging some other dude. I give him 2 seasons tops til he either sinks or loses the boat to the bank.

TIme Bandit: My favorite crew since the beginning. Jonathan is hilarious and Andy has a pretty level head. They have a very cohesive crew. He has a smaller boat and collects his quota pretty quick, so there seems to be less footage with them. They also don't bring up as much drama.

Northwestern: My 2nd favorite crew. Sig also has a pretty level head but the crew have some whiners. I predict Jake will try to come back but not sure what Sig will welcome him back. I think Sig is more pissed that he swung at Matt first. Jake is a bit immature to captain his own boat, but I feel he will get there with experience. I like that Edgar is getting a shot in the wheelhouse.

Wild Bill: Hate the guy. That's all.

Seabrooke: I really liked Scott in his first season. But now I see the guy is a weasel. It's going to get exciting when Keith calls him out on all the crap Scott has done. Scott is making enemies on the seas which may come back to bite him.

Josh Harris: He does own the CM and will fish in 2013. But there have been no details of the crew. I'm sure his brother Jake will take no part. Tony seemed to do a good job in the last fishing season a few years ago. Not sure if he's available. Maybe the guys of the Time Bandit will help him out. Since Andy and Jonathan trade off commanding the Time Bandit, one of them can captain with Josh for a season. I know this is a long shot, but Jake could also be an option. He can man the boat and it's about the same size as the Northwestern that he trained on. He and Josh can map out the fishing spots and play co-captains.

This has been one of my favorite shows since the beginning. Never a bad season.

Keith: I HATED this guy for the first few seasons. He had a bad temper and treated everyone like crap. I was rooting for Jonathan of the time bandit to kick his ass for poaching his crew. But Keith has pulled a complete 180 the last couple seasons. The true test was with this past green horn sucker punching Freddy. The old Keith would have tossed that guy in the water. Instead he instructed his crew to steer clear til docking. There have been many more examples of Keith showing a more compassionate side toward his crew and fellow fishermen.

Elliot: Guy is a shipwreck. I can't see how any fisherman would want to work on his boat. He's almost killed many guys because he's not paying attention. Particularly last year when he let a crewman watch the boat as it entered icy waters. The boat slammed into a heavy ice and nearly sunk the ship. Elliot got fired for that move and he blamed the SHOW! He said that Discovery Channel didn't air the full story and that he only let the wheel house for a few minutes. But video showed he was gone for hours. Best part was this year when he was going to propose to his lady on the side and found out last minute she was banging some other dude. I give him 2 seasons tops til he either sinks or loses the boat to the bank.

TIme Bandit: My favorite crew since the beginning. Jonathan is hilarious and Andy has a pretty level head. They have a very cohesive crew. He has a smaller boat and collects his quota pretty quick, so there seems to be less footage with them. They also don't bring up as much drama.

Northwestern: My 2nd favorite crew. Sig also has a pretty level head but the crew have some whiners. I predict Jake will try to come back but not sure what Sig will welcome him back. I think Sig is more pissed that he swung at Matt first. Jake is a bit immature to captain his own boat, but I feel he will get there with experience. I like that Edgar is getting a shot in the wheelhouse.

Wild Bill: Hate the guy. That's all.

Seabrooke: I really liked Scott in his first season. But now I see the guy is a weasel. It's going to get exciting when Keith calls him out on all the crap Scott has done. Scott is making enemies on the seas which may come back to bite him.

Josh Harris: He does own the CM and will fish in 2013. But there have been no details of the crew. I'm sure his brother Jake will take no part. Tony seemed to do a good job in the last fishing season a few years ago. Not sure if he's available. Maybe the guys of the Time Bandit will help him out. Since Andy and Jonathan trade off commanding the Time Bandit, one of them can captain with Josh for a season. I know this is a long shot, but Jake could also be an option. He can man the boat and it's about the same size as the Northwestern that he trained on. He and Josh can map out the fishing spots and play co-captains.

Good analysis. I can tell that you have followed Catch for a long time.

I don't see Jake Anderson taking over anything. The way that he walked out on the Northwestern without any prior warning did not put him in good stead with other boat owners, IMO. He also doesn't seem to be a very quick study at skippering. He had better hope that the Kiska Sea thing works out - although none of the crew seem to respect him very much.

Scott is probably a "legend in his own mind", but one thing I have to give him is that he looks after the safety of his crew. On one episode he suspended fishing entirely because the sea got too rough for it to be safe. On an installment of The Bait, he demonstrated the higher rails he had installed on the Seabrooke so that his crew can duck behind them when a big wave approaches rather than running across the deck to take cover. Elliott is too busy trying to score his next piece of tail to worry about his crew. One of the major points of suspense for the next season or two will be whether the Saga will sink before the bank can repossess her.

Like you, I have been a big fan of the Time Bandit and Northwestern from the beginning. I also liked the Cornelia Marie when Phil Harris was alive, but after he passed away it became a disaster, then it was parked for several years. It also seemed that Josh and Jake lost their bearings when he died. Josh seems to have recovered from it, but I don't know whether Jake ever will. I would also have to throw the Wizard and Keith's bunch in there as a favorite, although that wasn't always the case.

Kiska Sea Captain Mike Wilson is about as exciting as a bowl of oatmeal, and probably the only reason that boat is even on the show is because of Jake Anderson. I'm wondering if they even have a full-time film crew, because we don't see a lot of footage from that boat and very little conversation with the crew.

I don't see how anybody works for either Wild Bill or Elliott, Bill because he's a jackass to everybody and Elliott because he is unsafe as a captain and he handles personnel issues like playground disputes. Very immature and unfocused.

I hadn't thought about Andy Hillstrand on the Cornelia Marie, I suppose mainly because he and Johnathan already share captain's duties on the Time Bandit. I was thinking more about Edgar Hansen because he seems to be essentially blocked on the Northwestern and this would give him an opportunity to show what he can do skippering his own boat.

I hadn't thought about Andy Hillstrand on the Cornelia Marie, I suppose mainly because he and Johnathan already share captain's duties on the Time Bandit. I was thinking more about Edgar Hansen because he seems to be essentially blocked on the Northwestern and this would give him an opportunity to show what he can do skippering his own boat.

Yeah, this is an interesting angle.  In a way, Northwestern and Time Bandit took the Harris brothers under their wing.  Problem was, one brother was trying to get the Marie back, and the other was just coasting.  

If Jake gets the Marie back, it would really be a great storyline if the NW and TB both helped so that the previous run doesn't happen again.  Really, that's all you need for the Deadliest Catch.  

I agree that Keith has been better the last couple seasons.  He still has his moments though.  He gets overly emotional, whether it mad or sad.

When Scott pulled his shit this season I looked over at my wife and said "That is disappointing."  It is hard to like the guy when he is as selfish as he is.  He definitely runs the boat well though.

I go back and forth with the NW and TB being my favorites.  Now that Jake Anderson is gone I really enjoy the NW.  The crew on both of those boats are great.

The CM of course was great too.  Capt. Phil was a huge loss.  I can't imagine how hard it was on those boys but it is great to hear Josh got the boat back.  I would think that one of the Hillstrands running the boat would be a real long shot.  They seem very comfortable with their current system.  I think it would be awesome if Edgar took over.

Josh is training to get his Captains license for crab season this year. Right now the CM is herring tendering, then they move on to Salmon. By the time King Crab season, Josh takes over.

Josh is trying to bring Freddy back as well, but we'll see how that goes over, in more ways than one.