• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (5/12/24): Royals @ Angels: Sandoval on the mound, Guillorme leading off

• jsnpritchett changed the title to Gameday Thread (5/12/24): Royals @ Angels: Sandoval on the mound, Guillorme leading off
3 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

Wheres Sano? I’ve been a little out of touch the last couple weeks but is his injury that bad? 

"left knee inflammation", so who knows. Guys on this team tend to go on the 10-day IL then disappear.

18 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

We just keep bringing up these guys from the bargain bin but occasionally they give us an exciting game and a win. You never know what to expect from Arte's box of chocolates.

Get the split today!

peter sellers film GIF

21 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

"left knee inflammation", so who knows. Guys on this team tend to go on the 10-day IL then disappear.

Yes, because most injuries take longer than 10 days.  They don’t have any sort of middle ground between 10 days (for position players) and 60 day IL stints.  I have no idea if there is value to creating a 30 day IL where you can open up a 40 man roster spot.  It feels like they could create some sort of stipulation that allows you to add guys temporarily to the 40 man roster, due to injury, then take them off without putting them through waivers, you just have to pay them their MLB salary the remainder of the year you added them.  I am sure the players union would go for that, but the owners might want to push back on such a thing.  

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Adell, 2nd on the team with 16 rbi, #1 in OPS. Bat him 7th because...

This is because Ron Washington wants to slow play his growth, which tells me that Washington doesn’t believe Adell can continue to do what he is doing if there is a perception of more pressure batting earlier in the line up.  I don’t know if he’s right or not, but, I shared last week there is a very small difference in runs scored based on where in a line up the hitters are.  Obviously any given game that may not be true, but Bill James did something like a 100 year simulation using I believe it was the Reds and the difference was negligible.  

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Adell, 2nd on the team with 16 rbi, #1 in OPS. Bat him 7th because...

From Jeff Fletcher's column today: 

"As outfielder Jo Adell continues his strong start to the season, questions persist about whether Washington should move him up from the bottom of the order. Washington tried him briefly up in the order a couple weeks ago, and he didn’t like the way Adell seemed to change his approach. Now, he’s content to keep him where he is. “When you’ve got a kid that hasn’t had success, and he’s having success … I’m not going to test Jo Adell right now,” Washington said. “That’s not to say somewhere in the season he might not hit fourth, but right now I’m happy where he is and he’s not bugging me about moving.”

1 hour ago, Ochocinco! said:

Wheres Sano? I’ve been a little out of touch the last couple weeks but is his injury that bad? 

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

From Jeff Fletcher's column today: 

"Infielders Luis Rengifo (virus) and Miguel Sanó (knee inflammation) were both on the field doing drills before Sunday’s game. The Angels are hoping that Rengifo will be back sometime in the next week, and there’s no timetable for Sanó."

43 minutes ago, Chuck said:

This is SO gaddamn encouraging to see, and I'm glad he's finally getting it together! Jo Adell finally coming through to what we've been waiting for the past (4? 5?) years would be YUUUGE.

I have to admit, besides the weird baserunning snafus he has looked a lot more calm and collected out there.