• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bold Predictions for the 2024 Los Angeles Angels

56 minutes ago, Stax said:

Angels draft Travis Bazzana

I'd never heard of Bazzana until your post--but his stats so far this year at Oregon State are flat-out INSANE.  He's slashing .469/.606/1.082 through 26 games with 16 HR, 39 RBI, 32 BB, and only 12 K.  Lol.  Those are pure video game numbers--and he's primarily a second baseman!

10 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I don’t know what a Bazzana is, but if he keeps hitting like that, you could add him to the list of guys that could be our starting 2nd baseman in 2025.  

Yeah, when I first looked at his line for this year, I thought his slugging % was his OPS--and I was still thinking, "Hey, that's great for a 2B!"  Then I realized his actual OPS was 1.688.  Just crazy.

Also: he's Australian.

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yeah, when I first looked at his line for this year, I thought his slugging % was his OPS--and I was still thinking, "Hey, that's great for a 2B!"  Then I realized his actual OPS was 1.688.  Just crazy.

Also: he's Australian.

He was playing in the Aussie Baseball League .vs grown men and former MLB players at 15.  Dude is kind of a legend.

8 hours ago, BTH said:

If Bazzana keeps hitting like he does, he’ll be off the board long before the Angels pick.

This. 

We will have a shot at a good hitter or pitcher with our first pick, as Condon and others rise (if you want unreal numbers, check out Condon). 

With his hamstrinf injury I think that JJ Wetherholt could fall to us, and be a greet lefthanded 2B to round out our young core. 

I've started another thread to just focus on the draft. 

Edited by Dave Saltzer