• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ippei fired by Dodgers after being accused of theft by Ohtani’s attorney’s

Breaking news...

Conflicting reports are surfacing regarding Ohtani's rice preference. He was said to claim he only eats brown rice, but was allegedly spotted at Hondaya in Tustin eating white rice. Ohtani's representatives have not responded to an inquiry as of yet.

3 hours ago, Taylor said:

Let's say you were the person to catch the home run ball, and you knew it was valuable to the Dodgers and Ohtani. What would you want for it?

I'd be stoked just to catch a HR ball, because that's a once in a lifetime experience (unless you go to a lot of Marlins or A's games). Giving it up would be difficult.

i've gone back and forth on this over the years as to whether i'd keep it, trade it, or sell it.

since i'm retiring in two months and getting a smaller income, i'd look first to see what the market would be for selling the ball. my second choice would be to trade it. 

2 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

I can tell you haven't been sitting in RF with @PattyD22 the past few seasons.

Thanks @Slegnaac.  It’s true.  Between my son and I, we have probably caught between 20-25 home runs in our section.  Of those, I have kept only 3 of them.  A Pujols ball, a Trout ball, and a Shohei ball.  All the rest have gone to my grandkids or other kids in our section.

I’m with @T.G.on this though.  I can’t really understand what the market is for an Ohtani “first” home run with the Dodgers?  Big freaking deal.  I guess you could take Strad’s approach and sell it right away, but without it being authenticated, it means nothing.  Hell, that could be any game ball.

He hit another one today at Wrigley.  Is there a market for a “first” Dodger road home run also?  Weird.

13 hours ago, Dave Saltzer said:

I'm glad that we got to see 2 MVP seasons from Shohei. But, I'm also glad that he is not on he team, not only because of the insane contract, but also because of his major distraction. 

However, I also don't think that the Angels are out of it. Most likely, they will be inte viewed, along with Nevin, and all he other players, because the gambling happened primarily while he was on our team, and they would have some idea about who did the gambling. 

Some of the answers will come from Players who have been DFA'ed.... and are on other teams. Rule #1 keep your home games to yourself and keep a lid on them!

It follows along the Bubba Harkins deal, the Skaggs drug death, team gambling.... Absentee ownership or turning the other way.

Currently, there is a large LA County Department investigating who's leader is voted in and not hired.. They will, if not already will be working with the one in OC at some point.

On 4/5/2024 at 9:01 AM, jsnpritchett said:

Looking at the comments, it seems like that's maybe NOT what Ohtani said.  It's a mistranslation ( @cals). Several people are saying that he said something like someone was able to talk to the fans for him, not that he himself spoke to them. 

In Japanese, it is possible to converse using syntax that omits the subject. The listener must judge who is the subject based on the situation, but even native Japanese speakers can sometimes make mistakes.

I will translate Ohtani's remarks about his first home run ball into English.

"Upon returning to the bench, I learned that a staff member had spoken to the fan who caught my first home run ball. She had decided to return it to me. It's a very special ball for me, so I'm incredibly grateful."

Just now, ScottM said:

Ippei pleading guilty to multiple federal counts. Feds have evidence that Ippei got into Ohtani's account without Ohtani's knowledge: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/10/business/shohei-ohtani-ippei-mizuhara-plea.html 

"Those briefed on the matter claim that prosecutors have uncovered evidence that Mizuhara may have stolen more money from Ohtani than the $4.5 million he was initially accused of pilfering, the people said. In particular, the authorities think they have evidence that Mizuhara was able to change the settings on Ohtani’s bank account so Ohtani would not receive alerts and confirmations about transactions, the three people said."

8 hours ago, aznhockeyguy said:

Interesting.  I'm surprised how quickly this investigation is unfolding.  Usually these type of investigations go on for a long time.

No shit, this type of thing takes like a year, not a week and a half.

3 hours ago, cals said:

No shit, this type of thing takes like a year, not a week and a half.

It can. It depends on a lot of things. 

From the time FTX collapsed until Sam Bankman Fried was sentenced was only a year and a quarter. In that case there was a trial, and there were billions of dollars, hundreds of thousands of accounts effected, lots of financial maneuvering, and SBF wasn't cooperating. 

If Ohtani handed over his financial information, I imagine it wouldn't take long to examine his few accounts. Plus, it sounds like the bookie is cooperating, too. I don't think this is the complicated web that FTX is. If Ipei wants to avoid a trial, I'm not surprised this isn't taking that long.