• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dodgers fans apparently need some new gear

On my one visit to Dodger Stadium to see a game a few years ago I was surprised by at the diverse types of items they sell at their store and kiosks. Both with past and present subject matter. The Angels stadium store has much less variety of merchandise.

Maybe partly because they can't really glamorize their past the way the Dodgers can. Even though a lot of the Dodgers subject matter references Brooklyn. And now with the switch of Ohtani I can just imagine the contrast going even more extreme. 

8 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Is the citizen app an even more insane version of Nextdoor!?

Pretty much.  It sends you alerts for any crime that happens near you and people post live video of what's going on.  There's a paid version of it that allows you to have security guards that work for Citizen show up if you need help.  Lol. 

24 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Is the citizen app an even more insane version of Nextdoor!?

Here's the current home page for me. I can see how many registered sex offenders are near me, if the crime rate near me is rising or falling, and I can see that there's a report of a person with an "edge weapon" 6 miles from me. Very useful info. Ha ha. 

Screenshot_20240227_123547_Citizen.jpg

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Pretty much.  It sends you alerts for any crime that happens near you and people post live video of what's going on.  There's a paid version of it that allows you to have security guards that work for Citizen show up if you need help.  Lol. 

I can't imagine what could go wrong with that.

Here's the current home page for me. I can see how many registered sex offenders are near me, if the crime rate near me is rising or falling, and I can see that there's a report of a person with an "edge weapon" 6 miles from me. Very useful info. Ha ha. 

Screenshot_20240227_123547_Citizen.jpg

What the hell, @jsnpritchett. You need to move.

Edited by PattyD22

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

The whole app is predicated on fear, really.  My area is fine.  I feel safe here.  Most of the alerts are for pretty simple stuff that almost any location would have if people actually listened in on police radios, etc.

I know Jason.  Just busting your balls a bit.  It’s early in the season.

Sometimes, they even try to get cutesy with their headlines, like this one I just got. 

Screenshot_20240227_150250_Citizen.jpg

Used to work right down the street from that McDonald’s on Rosemead Blvd in South El Monte.

Never ate there though.  Far too dangerous……

8 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

The whole app is predicated on fear, really.  My area is fine.  I feel safe here.  Most of the alerts are for pretty simple stuff that almost any location would have if people actually listened in on police radios, etc.

Sounds like the app operates like the police. They want you to live in fear so that you feel dependent on them.