• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Did your parents call you "buddy","dude"etc

8 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

I just thought with your post about your wiping difficulties it may have started when you were younger. I'm sorry I offended you.

It's a touchy subject. 

"Skid Mark" was my nickname through the entirety of elementary school.

Same as @Tank, My dad typically called me son or "boy" (normally a sign I was starting to annoy him), and when whatever I was doing reached dumbass territory then he called me "tronco de yuca".  The yuca plant is pretty common in Cuba, and every part of the yuca plant except the trunk is useful for something. 

He was basically calling "yuca trunk."  My mom called me by my name.

• 2 weeks later...

My dad was very involved in sports with me growing up, so he almost always called me by my first name during games or matches.  Son would have been inappropriate.  My mom would call me son from the stands.

It was the exact opposite when we got home.

from a different angle . . .

when my daughter was young (before starting her years at school), she used to call me "hun." it was what she heard my wife call me all the time so she thought that was fine (she also called an hispanic neighbor of ours "hola", not understanding that was a greeting i used whenever i saw the neighbor). 

when she got to her teen years she started calling me "dude" at home. When i taught her, she never called me dad or by my last name. i'm pretty sure she felt awkward about it in class and didn't want the other kids to hassle her.

On 2/28/2024 at 8:37 PM, katie said:

I have a coworker who calls me Champ. 

is it intentional or do you think he forgot your name and is afraid/ashamed to admit it?