• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

14 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Angels do have a direction they are going in. Develop players within this organization. Stop signing pitchers to one year deals and signing position players to 7 year deals. 

And maybe make the playoff once over the next decade. Hopefully it isn’t a 3 game buzz saw again, if they ever do make it. 

10 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Opt out after the first year. Yeah I think I understand why Arte doesn't do opt outs.

Chapman would have been great but was always an unrealistic target for the Angels.

Can teams get opt outs? For example can a team say to a player, we'll give you an opt out after 1 if we get an opt out after 1.

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Now there's an idea.

The players union would pitch a fit.

It’s all a negotiation. But yes there can be a player option for year two and a team option for year 3.  There are even mutual options.  

54 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I don’t want anyone for one year if it costs us a pick. 

Including Snell? Presumably on an opt out type of deal?

6 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Including Snell? Presumably on an opt out type of deal?

Can't speak for Stradling, but I certainly wouldn't want him on any type of deal that has an opt-out after the first year.  I don't think the Angels are a Snell away from being in solid contention, so in my opinion, it's not worth the risk. And you definitely don't want the downside of him getting hurt again this year, then opting in for the next season, etc.

27 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Correct. No one year deals or opt outs after one year that have draft pick compensation. 

Montgomery or just a pass on pitching . None of the others are enough of an improvement to pay or take innings from our young pitchers.

With four picks in the top 100 or so, how many will get called up by end of season?

51 minutes ago, Dgar24 said:

Montgomery or just a pass on pitching . None of the others are enough of an improvement to pay or take innings from our young pitchers.

With four picks in the top 100 or so, how many will get called up by end of season?

0 or 1.

1 hour ago, ThisismineScios said:

I really still wouldn’t mind Lorenzen or Clevinger. They are both better than Anderson and it allows Silseth to have time to develop. 

That is why I think that Arte Moreno does want either Snell or Montgomery on a shorter big money deal without a first year opt out, and thus is waiting on that and not signing Clevenger or Lorenzen now.

So seemingly, Boras is holding things up for Clevenger and Lorenzen being signed by someone.