• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

Good deal for the Pirates. Non-contending teams should look to sign guys like this and flip them for prospects once their asking price is met. It's exactly what the Royals did with Chapman. They got Ragans for him at the deadline and Ragans is legit. 

I'm surprised non-contending teams haven't jumped at Rhys Hoskins, Joey Votto or JD Martinez for this very reason. 

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Zero reason to sign Votto.

1 hour ago, Pancake Bear said:

Nothing says we're not competing like bringing in Joey Votto. 

Clearly Robert Murray isn't that smart if that's his suggestion. 

23 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Thats a little harsh. Votto as a left handed bat off the bench isn’t the worst idea. 

Votto is 40 years old and can only play 1B. The guy can barely hit over the mendoza line. 

If they're going to sign someone like that I'd rather it be Moustakas since he can play 1B, 3B, 2B and he's a good guy in the clubhouse with some pop off the bench.

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

Good deal for the Pirates. Non-contending teams should look to sign guys like this and flip them for prospects once their asking price is met. It's exactly what the Royals did with Chapman. They got Ragans for him at the deadline and Ragans is legit. 

I'm surprised non-contending teams haven't jumped at Rhys Hoskins, Joey Votto or JD Martinez for this very reason. 

Maybe those players do not want to play with non contenders.

19 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

The whole "non-contender" narrative is overplayed IMO. Would AZ have been considered a non-contender last year? How about the Orioles? 

If I'm a JD Martinez, Justin Turner or Hoskins I'm sure money is a big part. JD and Turner basically playing year to year now. If you play for a contender you have better players around so you should put up better numbers. At start of season both Arizona and Baltimore would have been maybe fringe playoff teams. What I liked about both Arizona and Baltimore they stayed with same manager during some tough seasons. Every year teams surprise in baseball and maybe halos can be that team this year.

21 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

More likely teams are just cutting payroll.

11 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

More likely teams are just cutting payroll.

It might be time someone in your family monitors your medication

1 minute ago, mmc said:

It might be time someone in your family monitors your medication

You need to create a secondary account because when I see you as the last one who posted in this thread I’m assuming it’s a tweet of a free agent signing.