• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

22 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Yeah, it'd have to be almost a pillow one-year deal, or a criminally undervalued short-term deal. Not likely but I could see it happen with him since it's been quiet.

I'm becoming more interested in Max Kepler and Jorge Polanco in the event Minnesota needs to trim some payroll. Reminds me very much of the Renfroe and Urshela-type adds. Wouldn't be huge gets but would solidify the team's floor.

I wouldn't hate that, though the Twins would probably want a little more for those two than the Angels gave up for Renfroe and Urshela.

Edited by jsnpritchett

2 hours ago, jeskola said:

Why does everyone on here want us to sign old Dodgers? Turner, Pederson and Bellinger aren't really the answer.

Agreed on Pederson, and 50-50 on the 39 year-old Turner.

As solid as he’s been, at that age Turner is going to fall off any year now.  If they have to, no more than a 1 year deal.

Edited by Angel Oracle

16 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I wouldn't hate that, though the Twins would probably want a little more for those two than the Angels gave up Renfroe and Urshela.

Yeah, pitching seems to be their focus and we're a little light on depthy young pitching after the deadline.

Wonder what a Buxton as DH deal could look like, in terms of eating money to bring back value. He's got an interesting contract that the Angels could afford to take risk on much easier than the Twins.

Edited by totdprods

Just now, totdprods said:

Yeah, pitching seems to be their focus and we're a little light on depthy young pitching after the deadline.

Wonder what a Buxton as DH deal could look like...

Pairing Buxton with Trout and Rendon would definitely be interesting.  Over/under on total games on the IL between the three?  200?  300?

8 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Wonder what a Buxton as DH deal could look like, in terms of eating money to bring back value. He's got an interesting contract that the Angels could afford to take risk on much easier than the Twins.

7 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Pairing Buxton with Trout and Rendon would definitely be interesting.  Over/under on total games on the IL between the three?  200?  300?

Damn, great idea on Buxton and Kepler. 

Send them Ward or Adell, Bachman and a prospect. Shouldn't take much to get a couple guys off their payroll. 

Buxton and Trout could alternate in and out of CF and DH all season to get their legs fresh and Kepler gives us that lefthanded power bat that I've been wanting. 

But to @jsnpritchett point you're taking on some injury prone guys in that deal. 

5 years/$75 million remaining for someone (Buxton) who has averaged only 70 games the past five full seasons would not be the best use of that money.

Kepler would be the better idea money wise (1 year/$10 million left), plus more durable and a LHH unlike Buxton.   Kepler would be a hitting upgrade (RISP) over Renfroe, and decent enough defensively.

Allows one more season of OF depth while assessing it, and have a good mix and match of RHH and LHH OFers.

Edited by Angel Oracle

12 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Damn, great idea on Buxton and Kepler. 

Send them Ward or Adell, Bachman and a prospect. Shouldn't take much to get a couple guys off their payroll. 

Buxton and Trout could alternate in and out of CF and DH all season to get their legs fresh and Kepler gives us that lefthanded power bat that I've been wanting. 

But to @jsnpritchett point you're taking on some injury prone guys in that deal. 

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

5 years/$75 million remaining for someone (Buxton) who has averaged only 70 games the past five full seasons would not be the best use of that money.

Kepler would be the better idea money wise (1 year/$10 million left), plus more durable and a LHH unlike Buxton.   Allows one more season of OF depth while assessing it.

Not sure I'd want to do both Buxton and Kepler.  If you're going to do a trade like that, would seem wiser to do one of those guys and then Polanco, just to provide some lineup flexibility.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Not sure I'd want to do both Buxton and Kepler.  If you're going to do a trade like that, would seem wiser to do one of those guys and then Polanco, just to provide some lineup flexibility.

Good call. Actually Polanco is a switch hitter and can play 2B, SS and 3B so I'd rather they go for him and Buxton.

Buxton is a high risk/high reward type. I feel if they DH him half of the time with Trout it can keep both of them fresh. Dude had a TON of power and still despite his leg injuries can fly on the bases. Elite CF defensively.

7 minutes ago, totdprods said:

That Randy Dobnak extension Minnesota doled out is looking pretty bad too. Seems like a Braves trade waiting to happen haha

That was such a random extension.  The money is tiny (only about $6.5M left to cover the next two seasons plus buyouts of three option years), but he's just a guy.  Heavy groundballer in his first couple of years who can't really get anyone out on his own.  Never a top prospect.  Why bother extending a guy like him?