• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Managerial Search Thread

BTH

Tim Salmon’s name has come up as a potential interviewee…

Salmon was before my time watching the Angels, so I’d be interesting in hearing thoughts about him from those who did see him play.

From my view, just seeing him on TV, and looking back at his career, it seems like he’s more like Trout. A relaxed, calm personality rather than a fiery guy.

Is that right or wrong?

Just now, BTH said:

Salmon was before my time watching the Angels, so I’d be interesting in hearing thoughts about him from those who did see him play.

From my view, just seeing him on TV, and looking back at his career, it seems like he’s more like Trout. A relaxed, calm personality rather than a fiery guy.

Is that right or wrong?

Yep, he had his fiery moments, but he is more reserved, he was a routine guy.  He had a great approach at the plate and a strong arm in the outfield.  Early in his career I remember him being a plus defender in RF.  

2 hours ago, BTH said:

Is that right or wrong?

I've heard past teammates say Salmon had "Timmy vision."  He was so focused on his own routine that he didn't always know the names of the guys in the bullpen.  Or something along those lines. 

This was at an Awards dinner for him. I wasn't sure if they were just busting his balls or what.

5 hours ago, BTH said:

Is that right or wrong?

I always thought Salmon was a guy who did his business. Not the type to display a lot of emotion. It wasn’t until the 2002 WS that I saw he could show some emotion. 

1 hour ago, BTH said:

It’s weird how quiet Angels reporters are about the manager search.

I’m sure they haven’t been, but it feels like they’ve been sworn to secrecy.

Thought everyone said they talked to Tori briefly at a card convention in Texas?

Edited by Swordsman78