• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nevin finally gone, now it’s Minasian’s turn

ScottyH

38 minutes ago, ScottyH said:

Now I just wish Commissioner Manfred and the other MLB owners can do something to force Arte to sell the team to someone that actually gives a shit.  He is a poor, pathetic owner, who continues to let his fans down. Why I continue to participate as a season ticket holder is beyond me.

Hahahaha. 

45 minutes ago, ScottyH said:

Now I just wish Commissioner Manfred and the other MLB owners can do something to force Arte to sell the team to someone that actually gives a shit.  He is a poor, pathetic owner, who continues to let his fans down. Why I continue to participate as a season ticket holder is beyond me.

You went through the trouble to make an account just to post this? 

I think you probably should have put more thought into your season ticket ownership instead. 

On 10/3/2023 at 3:19 PM, ScottyH said:

First of all, why do the other owners care about how Arte handles his ownership position of the Angels.  He and his team may be inept at making decisions about how to produce winning results on the field, but he isn't doing anything that is against MLB policy, so there is no reason for them to force a sale.  If you would listen to the AngelsWin podcasts, it is rather apparent that Arte cares a great deal about the team and winning, his past decisions may not have been all have been productive but he actually does "give a shit."  I think that's what keeps him going as an owner, he put his heart into it, and he would like to find success at some point, and that is why he doesn't ever want to rebuild from scratch, he feels he is closer than he actually is to winning.

It's too bad you feel inconvenienced.  It's an unforgiving sport, and extremely competitive.  A lot of patience is required.  There is no guarantee that a new owner would do better, and they could make it worse.  Right now, a lot of teams would like to sign Ohtani for various reasons, so I see a surge of press articles about how poorly the Angles are run, and I don't trust the motive behind many of them as it's a way of influencing Ohtani indirectly to sign elsewhere since they can't discuss it with him directly at this point in the offseason.

I've been a fan since 1978, as have many other on here and some even much longer than me.  I don't currently have season tickets, but I was a season seat holder for many years.  I will always be a fan until my death.  It was glorious and completely out of the blue when the 2002 season came to be.  There have been many other disappointing seasons, and the competition is always fierce.  It requires a lot of patience, luck and dedication to make it to the finish line.  But when it happens it's great, and something that you never forget in all its wonderful detail.

In reply to this, I want to respond by stating that any MLB team that goes without their 1-4 or 1-5 hitters for an extended period, like the Angels just did, will likely have the same god awful results that we just witnessed.  

ScottyH, if you really created an account for this, I hope you find something better to do with your time. 

On 10/3/2023 at 3:19 PM, ScottyH said:

So basically you wanted to announce that you have season tickets.  Cool.

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

Crazy that anyone would want to burn $10k on Angels season tickets.

I haven’t had season tickets in 7 years but the last year I did I had a pair of very good seats in the 200 section for roughly $5500. I can’t imagine they’ve gone up much with demand down. There are still sections where you can get 4 seats for about that price. 

28 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I haven’t had season tickets in 7 years but the last year I did I had a pair of very good seats in the 200 section for roughly $5500. I can’t imagine they’ve gone up much with demand down. There are still sections where you can get 4 seats for about that price. 

I just guessed at the price, $50-75 per ticket x 81 x 2

1 minute ago, Jay said:

I just guessed at the price, $50-75 per ticket x 81 x 2

Yea, I am sure there are tickets that are that much and even more.  Usually, and I don’t know if this is true for first year season seat holders, but you can get some good deals on the season.  I was getting $52 seats for $34 a ticket or something like that.   

I got rid of my season tickets for a few different reasons. Went through a divorce and then got remarried.  The kids grew up and weren’t interested in going to games.  The team wasn’t playing well and while my desire was to get better seats, the people that would buy tickets from me, didn’t like the price of the better seats.  Work was always busy which meant long days on days I would go to games.  Then ultimately, I was too lazy to put in the work to sell the excess tickets to make it worth it.  The one thing that didn’t enter into the equation was the product on the field.  I enjoy being at the game, it reminds me of being a kid going to the stadium with my brothers and my dad. When I retire I will get seats again.  Until then I will hand pick a few games a year and make one road trip a season.

25 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I got rid of my season tickets for a few different reasons. Went through a divorce and then got remarried.  The kids grew up and weren’t interested in going to games.  The team wasn’t playing well and while my desire was to get better seats, the people that would buy tickets from me, didn’t like the price of the better seats.  Work was always busy which meant long days on days I would go to games.  Then ultimately, I was too lazy to put in the work to sell the excess tickets to make it worth it.  The one thing that didn’t enter into the equation was the product on the field.  I enjoy being at the game, it reminds me of being a kid going to the stadium with my brothers and my dad. When I retire I will get seats again.  Until then I will hand pick a few games a year and make one road trip a season.

I had seasons seats for 6 years in the mid 80's. After I got divorced and before I got married again. What I did was have 6 of us pay for the tickets. So got to go to 13 games a year. Each person would get to see each team at least once. In our group we would trade tickets. This worked out really well. 

On 10/3/2023 at 5:19 PM, ScottyH said:

@ScottyH, welcome to AngelsWin.com

Come for the discussion, stay for the roast! 

FYI, a good majority of the folks here actually like Minasian and want to give him a year or two more before parting ways. I tend to agree with them. You can't blame Perry on all the injuries they've had. If anything I'd be critical of his signing of Tyler Anderson, but thankfully we're not paying him a TON of money and for several years. 

The Arte Moreno topic has been beaten into the ground here and everywhere else.