• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2023 MLB Postseason Gameday Threads

m0nkey

7 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

There's no way that Arizona belongs in the World Series.

I keep telling myself that...

They're a weird team.  They got outscored during the regular season and if they win tomorrow and get into the WS, in all likelihood they will have gotten outscored in the Championship Series, too.

They don't do anything particularly well at the plate or on the mound.  They were 7th in the NL in runs scored and 10th in runs allowed.  They did make the fewest errors in the NL, so that's....something, I guess?

But if they do somehow manage to win the WS, they'll be one of the dullest teams to do it in recent years, for sure.

3 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

They're a weird team.  They got outscored during the regular season and if they win tomorrow and get into the WS, in all likelihood they will have gotten outscored in the Championship Series, too.

They don't do anything particularly well at the plate or on the mound.  They were 7th in the NL in runs scored and 10th in runs allowed.  They did make the fewest errors in the NL, so that's....something, I guess?

But if they do somehow manage to win the WS, they'll be one of the dullest teams to do it in recent years, for sure.

Another of so many ways Manfredtoinette has ruined baseball.

No Idea Idk GIF by DefyTV

On 10/20/2023 at 6:24 PM, m0nkey said:

You got a nice stadium over here, @CaliAngelIMG_7133.thumb.jpeg.f1ddcc693a86b5f968baa96d6c61c615.jpeg

@m0nkey Can't tell if sarcasm? If not, appreciate it.

Honestly, besides the ugly roof (which any roof on a 25 year old indoor stadium looks ugly) I like it. Left field bleachers are fun. I like how when you walk in you're on the concourse, and it's a nice trip around the stadium.

With the roof open those big square ads rotate open as well, and it's beautiful during a night game with the AZ sunset sky.

41 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Okay, Schwarber with the leadoff double!

And the DBacks get out of it!

Biting my freakin nails over here.

23 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

There's no way that Arizona belongs in the World Series.

I keep telling myself that...

I live in "Dback country". It's kind of a joke of a franchise, and I have no idea how they're still here to be honest. The owners have been begging the city and the county to gift them a new stadium. And I kind of want them to lose tonight because if they make the WS it'll only empower their owners to exploit the city further. There really aren't many Dback fans here either. It's mostly Dodger fans and Cubs fans. I still remember going to see the Angels play them in 2015 and most of the stadium was Angels fans. When teams like the Dodgers, Giants and Cubs aren't in town their attedance is really bad.