• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (8/15/23) Angels @ Rangers: Giolito on the mound, Adams in CF, Cron back, no Moustakas

• jsnpritchett changed the title to Gameday Thread: (8/15/23) Angels @ Rangers: Giolito on the mound, Adams in CF, Cron back, no Moustakas

6 guys in the starting lineup win under .600 OPS this month. Escobar is only over that number because he hasn't had enough at bats to drop under. The only guy with a decent number of at bats with an OPS over .670 if Ohtani.

Montgomery is exactly what you want in a number 5 starter. He keeps his team in the game. He's only had 4 starts out of 23 in which he gave up more than 3 earned runs. The Cardinals and Rangers are only 8-15 in his starts because he's getting no run support at all this season. However, the Angels are in town, so I'm sure that will change.

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I think there is a good chance they go after Giolito in the off season.  I think they should if I am being honest.  

The problem (at least for me) is that he'll likely get north of $20M/year (probably well north of that).  But will you be getting the '22-'23 version of Giolito, who's pitching like a #3-4, or the '19-'21 Giolito who could have more easily justified a $20M+ salary?  His FB velocity over the past two years is down a tick from '19-'21, his exit velocities are up slightly, and his hard hit % is up.  He's still fairly young, but it seems like the type of deal that could get ugly pretty quickly.  If they lose Ohtani, though, and do not commit to a rebuild, then, as I said earlier, I wouldn't be surprised if they do push for him.