• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Zoom call to toast to our friends Lou & Brandon on Tuesday

Chuck

10 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Zoom link sent to everyone who was interested in the Zoom to celebrate Lou's and Brandon's life tonight at 7pm PST. 

Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 9.28.17 AM.png

@Chuckster70 I sent you a PM but didn’t get an invite. Help me out, please. 

I even bought a special drink for tonight. 

We just had a zoom meeting wake for Lou and Brandon. Some of the oldest members of Angelswin dating back to the ESPN boards were there to toast Brandon and Lou and share stories. They not only will be missed but are missed in our hearts daily. 

“Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

That is a quote from John Wooden but it reminds me of Lou. God rest his soul.

“Live each day like it's your last, 'cause one day you gonna be right” 

That is from Ray Charles and it reminds me of Brandon. God rest his soul.

In the photo of the group on the Zoom meeting (there were more that dropped out earlier) I had two bottles to toast our friends good-bye for now. One was Tequila for Lou and the other Vodka for Brandon, although I have no real idea which each of them drank. I did, however manage to consume nearly as much as each would in the given time and now have a damn hard time writing anything without going back and retyping over ridiculous mistakes.

I am holding in my hand a piece of depression glass that was handed down to my wife from her grandmother. It has seen many good times and sad times but was never filled so full of shots to see off two friends we knew more from a distance than close, but more close than distant. The internet is funny that way.

I am more drunk than I have been in 20 some years, before I was ever aware of Angelswin or even baseball message boards. And I look forward to the hangover I haven't had in all that time. These two guys are worth it.

And you guys are worth it too, except for that one guy.

26 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Wanted to jump back in, but my daughter took forever to go down. Lets definitely do one of those again, under much better circumstances

I had to go off and then come back because mine decided to give herself a haircut mid-zoom.  Now she looks more masculine than Taylor.  I know, I know, she still looks quite feminine but it did upset my wife.

1 hour ago, cals said:

I had to go off and then come back because mine decided to give herself a haircut mid-zoom.  

My sons did that shit years ago right before Christmas. The eldest decided he didn't like how a cowlick that wouldn't sit down looked and clipped it. The second son decided to trim a few of his curls. Then the youngest went full retard and cut a swatch right through the front of his forehead. 

We took him to a barber and asked what they could do. Out came the number 1 clippers and he was sheared closer than a sheep, a true 1960's fresh recruit Marine cut. He wore his hoodie for three months straight until it grew out.

Is it too soon to make a G.I. Jane comment? 

9 hours ago, Blarg said:

My sons did that shit years ago right before Christmas. The eldest decided he didn't like how a cowlick that wouldn't sit down looked and clipped it. The second son decided to trim a few of his curls. Then the youngest went full retard and cut a swatch right through the front of his forehead. 

We took him to a barber and asked what they could do. Out came the number 1 clippers and he was sheared closer than a sheep, a true 1960's fresh recruit Marine cut. He wore his hoodie for three months straight until it grew out.

Is it too soon to make a G.I. Jane comment? 

It’s certainly easier to deal with a boy doing it vs. a girl.  Oh well, hair grows back.