• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (7/31/23 4:20 Pacific) Angels @ Braves: Silseth on the mound, Neto back, Cron & Grichuk playing

9 minutes ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Sooooo the Angels are 2-38 (.052 average) with RISP over the past four games which is crazy. Fortunately, the pitching has stepped up massively to split those games 2-2. Let's win the series tomorrow (tall order against Strider, a CY Young candidate).

Hey, they won. Save your gloom report for a loss that you seem to look forward to every game. 

The Angels beat the best team in baseball right now with the equivalent of one hand tied behind their back, running out sub after sub to patch lineup holes. No setup or closer available and they blank the Braves for the last four innings. 

Imagine their full lineup healthy and how that plays for the last month of the season. They only need to stay alive in the dog days and the last 30 games will be a slaughterhouse. 

1 minute ago, No Roles said:

i believe luis has made the case to be an every day player now...like to see him at 3b when drury gets back and when rendon is healthy just bench him !!

"When Rendon is healthy" .. given the nature of his injury, I suspect he will be out for awhile.

I think when Drury is back, Rengifo will shift to 3B, and perhaps Moose and Cron will somewhat platoon more.  

3 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

All these nail biter games.........we could really use a 8-1  halo win tomorrow.  The bats are due  to hit with RISP.

That would be great. Strider is one helluva pitcher though, going to be tough for sure. Awesome to see the additions Perry has made come through in a big way tonight 🙂

One game at a time, one series at a time. Each series requires some tweaking for the best lineups and matchups, so it's a matter of trying to steadily progress and hopefully pick up ground along the way. 

To be honest, I was surprised when I saw tonight's lineup. I thought it was a back to the future joke or misprint. Cron at first base?  I didn't know about the trade with the Rockies till the game started. 

Say what you will, but Perry is working like crazy to salvage this season. Who the hell knows what next year will look like, but living in the present has gotten much more interesting. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

How did Atlanta do with RISP? 

Look for the positives, there were plenty. 

I did lol. In both posts you quoted. Also, nice to see the power come through against Atlanta. This team is resilient as hell. 17 of the 40 man is injured and they are 5 games over. I absolutely believe they'd be first place in the West with just "average" health this season.

The Angels beat the best team in baseball right now with the equivalent of one hand tied behind their back, running out sub after sub to patch lineup holes. No setup or closer available and they blank the Braves for the last four innings. 

Imagine their full lineup healthy and how that plays for the last month of the season. They only need to stay alive in the dog days and the last 30 games will be a slaughterhouse. 

Enjoying the positive vibes from Blarg lately.

oddball positive waves2.jpg

The recent moves the Angels have made look like they are not re-activating Rendon any time soon or if at all. 

To be quite frank, he was so thoroughly mediocre when healthy that it isn't even any kind of significant loss.  He was basically replacement level.  Not a big deal to get him back.