• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LA Times Angels Graphic

Chuck

This is so stupid. They act as if he’s the only difference maker on this team. I love Ohtani as much as anyone but if anyone is aware that one player cannot make a successful MLB team it would be the Angels… 

it’s honestly pretty disrespectful to Trout that the media overlook the greatest player of our Generation the way they do. Again, not taking anything away from Ohtani. 

The other teams are going to do all they can to hype Ohtani so much that his asking price exceeds Arte's willingness to pay.  

Arte will go to $500 mil.  The Doyers are hoping the price elevates to $600 mil + so the Angels drop out 

bottom line is that if Ohtani says he wants to stay then Arte will pony up

What I picked up from Dylan Hernandez today is that all of Mr. Moreno's Ohtani promotions this season are scheduled on and before July 1. No second-half Ohtani nights. Ownership apparently doesn't want to gamble with any giveaway after Ohtani  might "leave" the Angels around the trade deadline. I still hope the Angels are capable of a powerful season and that Ohtani is with them all the way.

The dollar has shrunk a few percentage points since Trout's $429 million deal several seasons back. If there is no extension, the winning bid for Ohtani next offseason should probably could be in excess of $700 million over multiple seasons. Just a fan-level kind of guess.

EDIT: Replace "should probably" with could.

18 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

When negotiating his next contract, you got to take in to consideration how long he will be able to be a two way player. Does anymore believe he can keep this up for 10 more years? l have my doubts.

Somebody will pay for past production and wind up with a huge albatross of a contract. Ohtani will turn 29 in July, so if he gets a 12-year deal, that takes him to age 41 at the end of it. If the deal goes that long, I'm content with letting him walk. It has the potential of making Pujols' deal look like a bargain.

2 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Somebody will pay for past production and wind up with a huge albatross of a contract. Ohtani will turn 29 in July, so if he gets a 12-year deal, that takes him to age 41 at the end of it. If the deal goes that long, I'm content with letting him walk. It has the potential of making Pujols' deal look like a bargain.

Verlander is 40. And Ryan was mid-40s at his final no-hitter.

Some of you guys get mad at Sam Blum for being (rightly) critical of the Angels and specifically Arte Moreno, but Dylan Hernandez is 1000X worse.  He’s just a mindless hater.  This guy had an article out in the times a few days ago doing the Shohei must leave the Angels thing.  This guy fucking sucks.  

anyway, the picture is pretty good.  

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

i just don't agree, man. the angels have a for sure hall of famer in ohtani. he doesn't even need to hit all the career milestones that some usually do. they'll kirby pucket him and be like, this dude was clearly one of the greats. regardless of longevity. 

my point is this, if you have what may be the greatest baseball player EVER, and he leaves because he's too expensive for you, then get out of the MLB game. there are plenty of MILB franchises to suit you.

On 3/26/2023 at 4:45 PM, eligrba4ever said:

Gee. Remember when Vladimir Guerrero's Angels surprise signing cost the stupendous total of $55 million or so over 5 whole seasons? 

It was $90 Million over 6.