• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

I felt like the Mike M trade was unnecessary and would have loved to see Stefanic get a longer look.It has seemed like he's made adjustment and his bats have looked alot better the year ( short sample size)Low K rate and solid BB rate some thing that would look solid. 

Actually I'd put him at 2nd, Drury could rotation 2nd and 1st, Renfore could rotate between Rf and 1st, and maybe bring up Adell to rotate in the outfield.

1 minute ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I felt like the Mike M trade was unnecessary and would have loved to see Stefanic get a longer look.It has seemed like he's made adjustment and his bats have looked alot better the year ( short sample size)Low K rate and solid BB rate some thing that would look solid. 

Actually I'd put him at 2nd, Drury could rotation 2nd and 1st, Renfore could rotate between Rf and 1st, and maybe bring up Adell to rotate in the outfield.

Stefanic had a good game at KC with two hits I believe.  He might just have to get traded or picked up after being released to a different team in order to have an opportunity. I would think if he were on the A's, Royals, or Nationals that he would be doing pretty well right now. 

47 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I definitely understand where you're coming from. Stefanic's k/bb ratio in AAA isn't something you can fake, and it isn't a fluke. This is a legitimately good hitter, someone that can hit .300 at the major league level is given an entire season worth of at bats. 

I think what they were going for in Moose is someone with more thump than Stefabic, and also that veteran presence in the clubhouse as they push for a playoff spot. 

Personally, I think that Stefanic should be given a full opportunity next season. I know everyone loves the shiny new prospect or the expensive free agent, but I believe the post-hype sleeper has been a key for the Angels depth chart. Sandoval, Barria, Canning, Soriano, Rengifo, Walsh, Thaiss... They all became more productive beyond their status as a prospect or even a rookie, when people stopped paying so much attention to them. And I think Stefanic can be the same way. It's just a matter of where you play him. 

3 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Stick Renfoe in right, Moniak in Center, and platoon Adell and Ward in left. Call up cabbage and give him 1st base. At least you have set positions and eliminate all the shuffling they are doing all over the roster. Maybe the offense will do something again. 

Platoon Renfroe and Moose at 1B play Ward, Moniak and Adell in OF

Halo Space @HaloSpace

33m

RT @JeffFletcherOCR: Some good #Angels news: Logan O’Hoppe took 25 dry swings and said it felt “really good. I didn’t feel I needed to baby anything… Taking the training wheels off today.” Best case scenario is for him to be back late August.

Blogger / Podcaster

21 minutes ago, T.G. said:

What's the "development list?"

It's when they send a player back to the Spring Training complex on Arizona or Florida to work on something specific before sending them back to their team. During the pandemic, minor league teams would send unvaccinated players to the development list when teams played a series in Canada. More recently, Alek Manoah of the Blue Jays has really struggled in the major leagues and rather than demoting him to the minors, they sent him to Florida on the developmental list to tinker and fix whatever he's doing wrong. As I understand he'll be back in the majors soon. 

19 hours ago, khouse said:

Halo Space @HaloSpace

33m

RT @JeffFletcherOCR: Some good #Angels news: Logan O’Hoppe took 25 dry swings and said it felt “really good. I didn’t feel I needed to baby anything… Taking the training wheels off today.” Best case scenario is for him to be back late August.

Blogger / Podcaster

F it, put him in the lineup tomorrow.