• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

49 minutes ago, mmc said:

https://northsidebound.com/2022/06/15/what-is-the-development-list/

A non-roster designation for minor leaguers for them to get conditioning, pitchers often get placed on it to work on their mechanics.  Have to stay on it for a minimum of 7 days

I'm sure it's a method of allowable roster manipulation.  A few times, though, I've see guys head to AZ for a week for some actual instruction.  

2 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

I'm sure it's a method of allowable roster manipulation.  A few times, though, I've see guys head to AZ for a week for some actual instruction.  

No doubt it’s manipulated but I like the idea of being able to take someone off a roster to work on a specific item(s). The idea of some one on one coaching for a week could really benefit some players.  I don’t know if the rules allow this, but I would be rotating guys through the list all season. 

14 hours ago, bruin5 said:

No doubt it’s manipulated but I like the idea of being able to take someone off a roster to work on a specific item(s). The idea of some one on one coaching for a week could really benefit some players.  I don’t know if the rules allow this, but I would be rotating guys through the list all season. 

It’s my impression, maybe closer to a fantasy, that it is as you describe.  Also, the Angels swiped at least one former Driveline employee.

1 hour ago, Swordsman78 said:

No pressure there.....

Lots of pressure, but if this team wants to do something it needs to eat pressure like candy. KC and Oakland are awful. I would have said 5-2, but they both suck hard and we are losing winnable games. That needs to end or we’re going to put ourselves out of contention early once again. 

Crow is a solid prospect but I really can’t pinpoint what his potential is in the rotation. At the very least I’d say he looks like a very good bullpen piece right now. I want to say he started the season strong last season as well but eventually tired out and slowed down as the season progressed. If he has a strong season all year what would that do for people’s thoughts on his potential?

Edited by rafibomb

8 hours ago, rafibomb said:

Crow is a solid prospect but I really can’t pinpoint what his potential is in the rotation. At the very least I’d say he looks like a very good bullpen piece right now. I want to say he started the season strong last season as well but eventually tired out and slowed down as the season progressed. If he has a strong season all year what would that do for people’s thoughts on his potential?

We can use as many bullpen pieces as possible. There's nothing wrong with calling these guys up to pitch out of the bullpen for us and then revert them back to a starter like we did Chuck FInley back in the day.