• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022-2023 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

10 games to go. I'm just waiting to see what sleazy move Chicago makes next. I wouldn't be surprised if they released a few players and brought up the biggest slugs they have from the AHL (the ECHL might be going a bit too far).

By losing these last three. the Ducks look to be in good position to get one of the top 5 lottery slots.  That would be a good pick if two teams below us don't move up in the lottery. Still, I don't want Chicago, San Jose or Columbus to get Bedard. 

9 hours ago, deepdrive said:

10 games to go. I'm just waiting to see what sleazy move Chicago makes next. I wouldn't be surprised if they released a few players and brought up the biggest slugs they have from the AHL (the ECHL might be going a bit too far).

By losing these last three. the Ducks look to be in good position to get one of the top 5 lottery slots.  That would be a good pick if two teams below us don't move up in the lottery. Still, I don't want Chicago, San Jose or Columbus to get Bedard. 

You forgot Arizona.  Columbus I don't mind as much.  They spent to have a competitive team, and Laine and Gaudreau should have made them a fringe playoff team. 

Chicago has no business even having a first round pick.  They should have had multiple years of first round picks taken away from them after their whole rape scandal.  San Jose is being rewarded for spending like a drunk sailor and irresponsibly to try to win.  Montreal is trying to enter the picture, but I can't really fault them for sucking.  They have been trying, just not working out for them.  

Our last 10

St Louis.   Pick em.

Colorado.  Fighting for a playoff spot.

Seattle.  Fighting for a playoff spot.

Edmonton.  Fighting for a playoff spot.

Calgary.  Must win.

Edmonton.  Still fighting for a playoff spot.

Coyotes.  Cannon fodder.

Colorado.  Still fighting for a playoff spot.

Vancouver.  Should be a good game.

Kings.  It's the Kings.  Can go either way.  

So probably looking at 3 or 4 wins.  Which puts us max in 5th worst record.

Edited by gotbeer

I didn't forget Arizona. They've played hard this year. Plus, a lot of the bad from Arizona is what filtered down from previous ownership. I'm not pro Arizona, but I'm not as down on them now. They've never had a #1 pick, have they?

Chicago's org is just sleazy.

San Jose as a team/org are quitters.

Columbus has enough talent and can't do anything with it - biggest sign of a dysfunctional org. No need to waste more of the league's resources on them.

Yeah, I'm ok with Montreal (and St Louis).

Last 10

St Louis - We usually don't match up well with them. But they aren't the same team now and the game is in Anaheim so...

Colorado, Seattle, Edmonton -  WE play best against Seattle. But yeah, three tough games.

Calgary -  Not playing well as a team. Ducks tend to match up well in those situations. I'd say a toss up.

Edmonton -  Hard to beat. But, out of two games, we could get one.

Arizona -  The game is in Arizona and they're playing well. Hard to win this one.

Colorado -  Just bad (or good) timing to have to play them twice now.

Vancouver -  Depends which Canucks team shows up.

LA -  I hear they're a dynasty again. Yeah, we'll beat'em.

Three wins or less would be best for us.

22 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Looks like the majority owner is Meruelo, 51%.  Only a $2 billion net worth.  Looks like Barroway only has a net worth of $1 billion.  So I don't know who is funding this new stadium of theirs.

Nothing to see tonight. Click another one off.

I'm ready for the playoffs, so I can root for someone to win.

I think Nesterenko will spend the next year in the AHL. We'll see what that does to him.

But, then again, he's probably as good as Leason or Megna at this point. So, maybe he stays.

10 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Nothing to see tonight. Click another one off.

I'm ready for the playoffs, so I can root for someone to win.

I think Nesterenko will spend the next year in the AHL. We'll see what that does to him.

But, then again, he's probably as good as Leason or Megna or Grant or Silfverberg or Jones or Comtois or Carrick or  McGinn or Vatrano at this point. So, maybe he stays.

Fixed.

Although from that list, some still have fourth line roles that they could still play.  McTavish and Terry have looked dangerous with Nesterenko on their line.  Especially now they don't have to do it all by themselves, they actually got a third person on their line that will help.  It's been a big hole that Rico left after getting injured.  

On 3/26/2023 at 9:13 AM, gotbeer said:

Looks like the traitor signed with a crap team.

Sharks Sign Henry Thrun

Lol. I have to go with Schultz being the traitor. But then, he burned Bob, so I can't even blame him too much for that anymore.

Thrun made the right move and helped us get something good in return. I hope this works out well for him.

That being said, he now works for a quitter org and I won't root for him until he moves on to some team in the East.

Seeing some real separation now between the bottom 4 and #5. With 8 to go, the Ducks have a point/game +2 difference. Very low probability anybody passes Montreal in the standings.

If this difference holds up for a couple more games, The Ducks should have at least a 50/50 chance of getting a top 4 pick.

13 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Seeing some real separation now between the bottom 4 and #5. With 8 to go, the Ducks have a point/game +2 difference. Very low probability anybody passes Montreal in the standings.

If this difference holds up for a couple more games, The Ducks should have at least a 50/50 chance of getting a top 4 pick.

yeah and the downside is being #4 worst record they can fall back to #6 pick.

really want to do whatever they can to land in those top 5 picks (third worst overall). the 6th will be good but the top 5 are all legitimate org changers.

but still, even worst record overall has 75% chances to not get the top pick. usually some one always does a big jump and teams fall back.

will be interesting. the russian guy is insane, for a team with a long rebuild window like the hawks he will be a stellar choice.