• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Knife sharpening pros

I bought something similar to this and it includes a sharpening guide to keep the blade angle consistent.

61z5CamxOZL._AC_SX466_.jpg

You drop the stone on water for a few minutes to soak and then use water as you go but it does make a mess so cover your work area and have a towel for wiping off the blade. Start on the 600 side to take out nicks in the blade then flip it over to the 1000 for a very sharp finish. You can also invest a couple bucks more on some honing oil or simply buy some 3 in 1 oil from the hardware store. If you use oil do not use any water. 

For value, you cannot beat the Lansky Blade Medic. I use it for hunting knives, serrated pocket knives, and all of my kitchen knives - including ceramic. 

If you're looking to make the edge like-new, you need something fancier. But if you're just looking to make an old knife (really) sharp again, this is a simple route.

12 minutes ago, Justin said:

For value, you cannot beat the Lansky Blade Medic. I use it for hunting knives, serrated pocket knives, and all of my kitchen knives - including ceramic. 

If you're looking to make the edge like-new, you need something fancier. But if you're just looking to make an old knife (really) sharp again, this is a simple route.

this looks pretty decent. being vegetarians, we don't need anything exceptional for cutting meat/fish. i just want to squash my tomatoes each time i try to slice them. thanks.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

I’m not sure what brand the knives are but many companies like Cutco and Benchmade offer free sharpening 

i have a cutco pocket knife i bought back in the 90s. that thing is a stud.