• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels ranked as the 9th most valuable MLB team in 2022

mmc

• mmc changed the title to Angels ranked as the 9th most valuable MLB team in 2022

Also very funny.  The Marlins have somehow managed to be worth less money then what that group paid for them.  I don’t really believe that they’d actually lose money if they tried to sell but it’s still pretty funny to think about what kind of fuck ups they’d have to be to lose money on an MLB franchise. 

11 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Also very funny.  The Marlins have somehow managed to be worth less money then what that group paid for them.  I don’t really believe that they’d actually lose money if they tried to sell but it’s still pretty funny to think about what kind of fuck ups they’d have to be to lose money on an MLB franchise. 

Some folks in the CBA thread were claiming that owning an MLB franchise doesn't generate a lot of money.

6 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

The Rays are the most bad-ass franchise in the game. Always a low payroll, low value, and generally very good teams with lots of young talent developing.

This is America. Bad-ass is all about building personal wealth with the least effort possible.

41 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Appreciation of property is not liquid cash.  You don't get access to the money until you sell.

that's not true. people pull money out of investments in a myriad of ways all the time. mlb is funneling cash out of these franchises and then claiming small profits or even losses. that's the primary reasons why they refuse to open their books, they know that the subterfuge can't hold up to investigative scrutiny.

but, alas,  i've been drawn into a conversation i don't want to be a part of again.

4 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I mean.  Mostly they’re bad.  They’re in the midst of a good run. 

They've reached the postseason in each of the last three seasons, and seven of the last fourteen. Of those 14, 9 of them were either playoffs or 90-win seasons. I'd say that's pretty great for one of the lowest payrolls in baseball, unless your standards are Dodgers/Yankees/Red Sox/Astros or bust - all franchises that spend a lot more money.

4 hours ago, stormngt said:

He made money elsewhere.  Just don't think owning a company worth 2 billion dollars means the owners has 2 billion cash on hand.

Taylor thinks Arte was some upper-middle-class schmo until he lucked into somehow buying an MLB franchise on leverage, and has now gotten fantastically wealthy merely from owning the team.

He also thinks the Braves 4% profit margin in the year that they won a World Series is an "obscene" profit.

8 hours ago, Lazorko Saves said:

Taylor thinks Arte was some upper-middle-class schmo until he lucked into somehow buying an MLB franchise on leverage, and has now gotten fantastically wealthy merely from owning the team.

He also thinks the Braves 4% profit margin in the year that they won a World Series is an "obscene" profit.

walter white GIF