Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

    Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

    Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

     

IGNORED

Letter allegedly showing MLB hid Yankees sign-stealing to be released within the week


mmc

Recommended Posts

I sort of feel like you’re pretty hopeless if stuff like this is still able to surprise you.  My presumption is that all the teams try and get away with whatever they can.  It’s probably always been like that.  Whatever.  That’s baseball.  We love it folks. 

Edited by UndertheHalo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I sort of feel like you’re pretty hopeless if stuff like this is still able to surprise you.  My presumption is that all the teams try and get away with whatever they can.  It’s probably always been like that.  Whatever.  That’s baseball.  We love it folks. 

I agree except when MLB treats one team differently than all of the others.  MLB seems to prefer to vigorously protect the Yankees rather than an innocent victim like Trevor Bauer.  Just shameful.

How did I do, @cals

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2022 at 9:24 PM, UndertheHalo said:

I sort of feel like you’re pretty hopeless if stuff like this is still able to surprise you.  My presumption is that all the teams try and get away with whatever they can.  It’s probably always been like that.  Whatever.  That’s baseball.  We love it folks. 

not dogging you, but that's an extremely defeatist attitude. i don't feel that because some teams cheat, then all teams cheat, especially to the degree that we've seen already with the red sox and astros. we already knew about the yankees whispers, which is why this has come about. secrets don't stay buried. let's be clear, stealing signs, etc. is perfectly legal. it's the use of cameras and other cheating devices that is at issue.

i think throwing your hands up into the air and saying, "cheating doesn't matter because i assume everybody is doing it." is the real hopeless attitude. MLB should hold the individual franchises to a standard of fair play, and the fans should hold MLB to that same standard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, ukyah said:

not dogging you, but that's an extremely defeatist attitude. i don't feel that because some teams cheat, then all teams cheat, especially to the degree that we've seen already with the red sox and astros. we already knew about the yankees whispers, which is why this has come about. secrets don't stay buried. let's be clear, stealing signs, etc. is perfectly legal. it's the use of cameras and other cheating devices that is at issue.

i think throwing your hands up into the air and saying, "cheating doesn't matter because i assume everybody is doing it." is the real hopeless attitude. MLB should hold the individual franchises to a standard of fair play, and the fans should hold MLB to that same standard.

I mean the history of baseball is a shit load of figuring out ways to get one over.  It is what it is.  Are there varying degrees of severity ?  sure.  

Edited by UndertheHalo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I mean the history of baseball is a shit load of figuring out ways to get one over.  It is what it is.  Are there varying degrees of severity ?  sure.  

But teams are doing things that are specifically against the rules laid out by MLB. This isn't about trying to get one over, which sounds fairly innocent. This is outright cheating. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

But teams are doing things that are specifically against the rules laid out by MLB. This isn't about trying to get one over, which sounds fairly innocent. This is outright cheating. 

Like I said, if they get caught there should be consequences.  I didn’t make a judgement on whether it’s good or bad.  Obviously I think it’s bad to break the rules and cheat. I said that based on what I’ve seen over my life as a baseball fan and also what i know about the history of baseball my presumption is varying degrees of cheating is pretty wide spread and because of that I’m not surprised by these stories. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Like I said, if they get caught there should be consequences.  I didn’t make a judgement on whether it’s good or bad.  Obviously I think it’s bad to break the rules and cheat. I said that based on what I’ve seen over my life as a baseball fan and also what i know about the history of baseball my presumption is varying degrees of cheating is pretty wide spread and because of that I’m not surprised by these stories. 

When have you seen teams blatantly break MLB rules? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/21/2022 at 9:24 PM, UndertheHalo said:

I sort of feel like you’re pretty hopeless if stuff like this is still able to surprise you.  My presumption is that all the teams try and get away with whatever they can.  It’s probably always been like that.  Whatever.  That’s baseball.  We love it folks. 

Incorrect. We don't love cheaters in baseball.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...