• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Letter allegedly showing MLB hid Yankees sign-stealing to be released within the week

mmc

12 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I sort of feel like you’re pretty hopeless if stuff like this is still able to surprise you.  My presumption is that all the teams try and get away with whatever they can.  It’s probably always been like that.  Whatever.  That’s baseball.  We love it folks. 

I agree except when MLB treats one team differently than all of the others.  MLB seems to prefer to vigorously protect the Yankees rather than an innocent victim like Trevor Bauer.  Just shameful.

How did I do, @cals

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2022 at 9:24 PM, UndertheHalo said:

I sort of feel like you’re pretty hopeless if stuff like this is still able to surprise you.  My presumption is that all the teams try and get away with whatever they can.  It’s probably always been like that.  Whatever.  That’s baseball.  We love it folks. 

not dogging you, but that's an extremely defeatist attitude. i don't feel that because some teams cheat, then all teams cheat, especially to the degree that we've seen already with the red sox and astros. we already knew about the yankees whispers, which is why this has come about. secrets don't stay buried. let's be clear, stealing signs, etc. is perfectly legal. it's the use of cameras and other cheating devices that is at issue.

i think throwing your hands up into the air and saying, "cheating doesn't matter because i assume everybody is doing it." is the real hopeless attitude. MLB should hold the individual franchises to a standard of fair play, and the fans should hold MLB to that same standard.

45 minutes ago, ukyah said:

not dogging you, but that's an extremely defeatist attitude. i don't feel that because some teams cheat, then all teams cheat, especially to the degree that we've seen already with the red sox and astros. we already knew about the yankees whispers, which is why this has come about. secrets don't stay buried. let's be clear, stealing signs, etc. is perfectly legal. it's the use of cameras and other cheating devices that is at issue.

i think throwing your hands up into the air and saying, "cheating doesn't matter because i assume everybody is doing it." is the real hopeless attitude. MLB should hold the individual franchises to a standard of fair play, and the fans should hold MLB to that same standard.

I mean the history of baseball is a shit load of figuring out ways to get one over.  It is what it is.  Are there varying degrees of severity ?  sure.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

52 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I mean the history of baseball is a shit load of figuring out ways to get one over.  It is what it is.  Are there varying degrees of severity ?  sure.  

But teams are doing things that are specifically against the rules laid out by MLB. This isn't about trying to get one over, which sounds fairly innocent. This is outright cheating. 

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

But teams are doing things that are specifically against the rules laid out by MLB. This isn't about trying to get one over, which sounds fairly innocent. This is outright cheating. 

Like I said, if they get caught there should be consequences.  I didn’t make a judgement on whether it’s good or bad.  Obviously I think it’s bad to break the rules and cheat. I said that based on what I’ve seen over my life as a baseball fan and also what i know about the history of baseball my presumption is varying degrees of cheating is pretty wide spread and because of that I’m not surprised by these stories. 

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Like I said, if they get caught there should be consequences.  I didn’t make a judgement on whether it’s good or bad.  Obviously I think it’s bad to break the rules and cheat. I said that based on what I’ve seen over my life as a baseball fan and also what i know about the history of baseball my presumption is varying degrees of cheating is pretty wide spread and because of that I’m not surprised by these stories. 

When have you seen teams blatantly break MLB rules? 

On 3/21/2022 at 9:24 PM, UndertheHalo said:

Incorrect. We don't love cheaters in baseball.