• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If a deal to end the lockout is reached today, what's the first transaction overall, and what's the first Angels related one?

Hubs

If a CBA agreement happens, and very very quickly in the first few hours thereafter like a dozen deals (trades and signings) get announced, are you going to be bothered by the clear indication that teams have been working behind the scenes on these transactions?  Or would you not care at all?

I would not care at all.

13 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

If a CBA agreement happens, and very very quickly in the first few hours thereafter like a dozen deals (trades and signings) get announced, are you going to be bothered by the clear indication that teams have been working behind the scenes on these transactions?  Or would you not care at all?

I would not care at all.

I wouldn’t care.  Deals have to happen quickly regardless. First Angel move? Bachman and others for Castillo or Gallen.  

18 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

So if the new Lux tax threshold ends up at $230ish, how much room do the Angels have?

They're at 159,100,000 in real payroll dollars, and at $182,000,000 or so including benefits. The minimum salary will go up and that will eat up 2-4M (with bonus pool, if it counts, which I am sure that it will).

That leaves just shy of 45M before exceeding the cap. I do not expect Arte to spend all of that, but Carlos Rodon for 3/57 and a reliever or two, could be in the cards. 

18 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Makes sense, tbh. 

Woah woah woah; you are doing it wrong. You can say one of the following:

• This is the ONLY TRANSACTION KEEPING US FROM A WORLD SERIES and not doing so is the FINAL PROOF ARTE IS AWFUL.
  • This would be the BIGGEST MISTAKE IN SPORTS HISTORY and making this signing would be the FINAL PROOF THAT ARTE IS AWFUL.
  • A random poster would LOVE/HATE this signing and because they are dumb, we should do the opposite if whatever they say. 

Get outta here with this "Meh, makes sense" attitude. 

15 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

The upside is huge.  Risk, yes.

But if the Angels end up with good years from two out of three (Ohtani, Synder, Rodon) then they will be pretty decent.

And if they all clicked, damn.

My plan going into the offseason was to sign 2-3 high-upside, innings-limited starters to go with Ohtani. Rodon and Syndergaard would fit the bill. Basically gamble that you can get the production equal to that of two aces in the regular season, then head into the playoffs with all three (hopefully) healthy and rested. 

2 minutes ago, ScruffytheJanitor said:

My plan going into the offseason was to sign 2-3 high-upside, innings-limited starters to go with Ohtani. Rodon and Syndergaard would fit the bill. Basically gamble that you can get the production equal to that of two aces in the regular season, then head into the playoffs with all three (hopefully) healthy and rested. 

They signed Syndergaard and Lorenzen as starters. But single year commitments. One more is a luxury, but it's a much better team...I'd still prefer that they look for a SS. I do not expect a trade for a starter now, with the increase in CBA, although maybe at midseason.

Ohtani/Syndergaard/Rodon/Sandoval/Lorenzen/Detmers/Canning/Suarez/Barria is good depth. Suarez or Lorenzen to the pen is probably in the cards if this happens though, as I think Canning and Detmers both have legit rotation chances.

They don't need another starter, but it would be very nice to have. Barria is out of options, but Canning, Suarez, Sandoval, and Detmers all have them.

23 hours ago, Hubs said:

They signed Syndergaard and Lorenzen as starters. But single year commitments. One more is a luxury, but it's a much better team...I'd still prefer that they look for a SS. I do not expect a trade for a starter now, with the increase in CBA, although maybe at midseason.

Ohtani/Syndergaard/Rodon/Sandoval/Lorenzen/Detmers/Canning/Suarez/Barria is good depth. Suarez or Lorenzen to the pen is probably in the cards if this happens though, as I think Canning and Detmers both have legit rotation chances.

They don't need another starter, but it would be very nice to have. Barria is out of options, but Canning, Suarez, Sandoval, and Detmers all have them.

I agree like to get a SS, but not a big fan of Trevor Story.