• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels claim Andrew Velazquez off waivers from the Yankees

mmc

1 hour ago, Lazorko Saves said:

I like him at the price.  League minimum if he's on the roster, right?

Good thing Bill Stoneman isn't around, otherwise he would have handed him 5 years/$50 million because he made one great play the year before.

2835e45bd11bab737b6f24e4b410d5f8.jpg

Idk that one had Arte written all over it.

11 hours ago, Robrock30 said:

He is a switch hitting solid utility player with a bit of speed who can play SS, 3B, 2B or LF.  He started at SS for Yankees recently vs. Red Sox in Wild Card Game.

Great! Hope he plays well.. I'm going to SPT this year. So, I hope to see his ability!

I mean he got a single at bat and went 0-1... they hit for him in the 6th. He turned a double play! At least he didn't make any errors... Let's see before we anoint him Jeter West Coast! Exciting to get some middle infield talent from the Yankees! However, most of their prospects are hyped due to it being the Yankees. Let's see.

1 hour ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Great! Hope he plays well.. I'm going to SPT this year. So, I hope to see his ability!

I mean he got a single at bat and went 0-1... they hit for him in the 6th. He turned a double play! At least he didn't make any errors... Let's see before we anoint him Jeter West Coast! Exciting to get some middle infield talent from the Yankees! However, most of their prospects are hyped due to it being the Yankees. Let's see.

Rickie Ricardo who I listen to says nice things about him and there is this NY Times article which provides good background.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/20/sports/baseball/andrew-velazquez-yankees.html

3 hours ago, Robrock30 said:

Rickie Ricardo who I listen to says nice things about him and there is this NY Times article which provides good background.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/20/sports/baseball/andrew-velazquez-yankees.html

Great! They pulled him and moved their 3bman to ss in the 7th....

So, why did they take out their defensive first utility guy for a 3b who had far less range at ss.....? In the immortal words of Joe Biden....Come'on Maaaaaan!!!

I like to wait and see players in person 1st.

17 hours ago, Lazorko Saves said:

I like him at the price.  League minimum if he's on the roster, right?

Good thing Bill Stoneman isn't around, otherwise he would have handed him 5 years/$50 million because he made one great play the year before.

2835e45bd11bab737b6f24e4b410d5f8.jpg

Steve Finley too.   Stoney had a couple ass pulls signing CFers.