• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sam Blum's article about Matt Wise

mmc

Unless Matt Wise is in charge of the defensive positioning, he's not the problem.  But since Maddon has a history of throwing coaches under the bus it's worth noting that Mike Butcher is back with the organization as a consultant or something.

Also, raw ERA and the ERA in SLC..... Lol...    Makes me miss Ardaya.

10 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Unless Matt Wise is in charge of the defensive positioning, he's not the problem.  But since Maddon has a history of throwing coaches under the bus it's worth noting that Mike Butcher is back with the organization as a consultant or something.

Also, raw ERA and the ERA in SLC..... Lol...    Makes me miss Ardaya.

Do we know who IS in charge of that shit?

I mean they should be fired directly into the sun. And if it isn't fixed we're dealing with the same shit next year. And the year after that.

Maybe we need a strike.

36 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I mean they should be fired directly into the sun. And if it isn't fixed we're dealing with the same shit next year. And the year after that.

Maybe we need a strike.

Baseball ops should be.

But apparently they’re not being fully utilized.. something that will hopefully change next year.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Maybe we need a strike.

You know damn well if we did know I'd have been super annoying about it...   

All I know, two years ago, short season or not, I started harping on the defensive issues that seemed obvious to me.  Then they spent the entire winter talking about it -- made the ridiculous moves they did then we saw what we saw this year.

Whoever is in charge of making those decisions...  Unless they do a 180, it's going to me more of the same next year.  I don't think my fandom can survive another year of that BS.

I think that the Angels end up keeping Wise as the pitching coach next season. In a related note, I'm expecting them to bring back the entire coaching staff. Joe Maddon seems to have control over his coaching staff, and I don't see him getting rid of anyone. With all the turnover the Angels have had recently, continuity might not be a bad thing.

If it were up to me, I think I'd hire a new pitching coach from a smart/good org, create an assistant pitching coach role to put Wise in, and leave Chiti as bullpen coach. The Angels have 3 hitting coaches, so why not 3 pitching coaches? Multiple other teams have 3 pitching coaches.

Candidates I'd look at include Steve Karsay (MIL Bullpen Coach), Connor McGuiness (LAD Ast. Pitching Coach), JP Martinez (SF Pitching Coach), and Stan Boroski (TB Pitching Coach). My preference would be Karsay

5 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

All I know, two years ago, short season or not, I started harping on the defensive issues that seemed obvious to me.  Then they spent the entire winter talking about it -- made the ridiculous moves they did then we saw what we saw this year.

Whoever is in charge of making those decisions...  Unless they do a 180, it's going to me more of the same next year.  I don't think my fandom can survive another year of that BS.

Ace Rothstein : I just hope it's not someone who I think it might be. I just hope it's not them.

9 hours ago, Trendon said:

I think that the Angels end up keeping Wise as the pitching coach next season. In a related note, I'm expecting them to bring back the entire coaching staff. Joe Maddon doesn't seems to have control over his coaching staff, and I don't see him getting rid of anyone. With all the turnover the Angels have had recently, continuity might not be a bad thing.

If it were up to me, I think I'd hire a new pitching coach from a smart/good org, create an assistant pitching coach role to put Wise in, and leave Chiti as bullpen coach. The Angels have 3 hitting coaches, so why not 3 pitching coaches? Multiple other teams have 3 pitching coaches.

Candidates I'd look at include Steve Karsay (MIL Bullpen Coach), Connor McGuiness (LAD Ast. Pitching Coach), JP Martinez (SF Pitching Coach), and Stan Boroski (TB Pitching Coach). My preference would be Karsay

I agree....I hope the Angels do something that is unconventional for them, like completing thorough background checks on any new coaches.

On 9/2/2021 at 5:40 PM, Inside Pitch said:

IP, 

I also believe it has direct correlation to leg muscle injuries that our infielders have had this season. 

Pulled hammey's and strains in the back also as they have to lean or dive to get at the ball.

The whole idea of infield alignment is and should be placed on the hitters strengths and weaknesses. When you are running pitchers that don't have consistency within the strikezone or command. 

You then place your fielders at a disadvantage and then their athleticism has to make up for it. 

Rendon was applauded for his defense and his ability to go get it. Same with Iglesias who is now gonzo as he couldn't get back to the ball or would give up on them entirely. 

It's all relative!