• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

An interesting Mike Trout stat.

tdawg87

21 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Rod Carew was 48-for-96 one time for a cool BA of .500.

I can't recall where he ended up that year.

But yeah, Trout hitting .420 in April is cool.

Last I can remember doing that was erstad in 2000

For the youngsters on here, that was probably the most impressive angel campaign of all time, aside from trouts best years

Erstad had 100 rbi that year.... and ignoring the old school thinking of rbi and their value, he did it from the leadoff spot...

He was basically 2012 trout that year. Complete with the defense, too

9 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Last I can remember doing that was erstad in 2000

For the youngsters on here, that was probably the most impressive angel campaign of all time, aside from trouts best years

Erstad had 100 rbi that year.... and ignoring the old school thinking of rbi and their value, he did it from the leadoff spot...

He was basically 2012 trout that year. Complete with the defense, too

I loved Erstad, but he lived off that one season for the rest of his career. After 2000, he was sort of a black hole in the lineup... not ever coming close to those numbers again.  Great competitor, great glove, great attitude - but he didn't give the lineup much ever again.  His reputation was greater than his actual abilities.  Fans loved him, but the analytics on him weren't good.

20 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I loved Erstad, but he lived off that one season for the rest of his career. After 2000, he was sort of a black hole in the lineup... not ever coming close to those numbers again.  Great competitor, great glove, great attitude - but he didn't give the lineup much ever again.  His reputation was greater than his actual abilities.  Fans loved him, but the analytics on him weren't good.

I thought this seemed exaggerated until I looked at the stats, and you're right. His OPS in 2000 was .951. After that year, he never had an OPS higher than .746, and it was sub-.700 in all but two seasons.

A .420 batting average for Trout? Damn, I expected Trout to put up a slash line like this in May 2018. An 0-20 slump that same month basically was the only thing that ruined it. Still ended hitting over .300 at the same time that very month. Hopefully, Trout doesn't end up hitting .200 in May. That'll be depressing. 

3 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

A .420 batting average for Trout? Damn, I expected Trout to put up a slash line like this in May 2018. An 0-20 slump that same month basically was the only thing that ruined it. Still ended hitting over .300 at the same time that very month. Hopefully, Trout doesn't end up hitting .200 in May. That'll be depressing. 

He'll hit .421 in May.

29 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I thought this seemed exaggerated until I looked at the stats, and you're right. His OPS in 2000 was .951. After that year, he never had an OPS higher than .746, and it was sub-.700 in all but two seasons.

Yeah but what was his lifetime average in GRIT?